Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Super WAHM

Exclamation I just can't wrap my head around this.

I Quit

People don't always approach working from home with realistic expectations. At the beginning when everything is fresh and exciting, it's easy to get pumped up and say you are comitted to giving 100% to succeeding.

However, what do you do when the new wears off? What do you do after you have faced many rejections? Unfortunately, not everyone is cut out for this business. You will immediately know that within the first few minutes of speaking with someone. "I'm not interested" or a hang up along with some who choose to use a variety of descripted words are not personal attacks. It's revelation! Time to dust yourself off and move on to the next. Don't let those who "can't wrap their head around this" keep you from giving your best to the next prospect.

Now, here is something to ask yourself if you are finding that your presentation is consistently not working. What is your approach like? Do you sound like a telemarketer who needs to make a sale, or a friend who wants to discuss an opportunity?

I have battled this and am slowly overcoming how the corporate world taught me to approach people. I have experience as a telemarketer and can easily sound like one. That simply won't work. Your prospect doesn't want to buy anything from you. They want to be given something.

So, here is my next appproach. My prospects are people who I want to be friends with. In reality, when they can see the greatness our company and team has, they are going to be someone we will build a relationship with. So, when I set up a meeting, my goal is to become their friend who has valuable information to share.

Do not let negativity keep you from having tunnel vision. Keep your eye on the prize. Your prize is achieving your personal dreams and goals while building financial security. Think about what's working for you and what isn't. Keep what is woking, work it consistently and change what's not, then you will stay on a path where you will have the results you want. As my team says, don't quit before the blessing.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2013, 07:23 AM
Grand WAHM

Old 05-04-2013, 07:56 AM
WAHM Addict

Location: Midwest USA - Grew up on the prairie and love the wide open plains

Old 05-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Super WAHM

Ami, that was an awesome lesson you just shared with everyone. What you said is so true. We don't need to sell a product, we need to build relationships.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Guerra View Post
Ami, that was an awesome lesson you just shared with everyone. What you said is so true. We don't need to sell a product, we need to build relationships.
Thanks Beth!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 AM
Mompreneur and Wife

Default Awesome!

I love it!

Tags
blessing, prospect, quit, work frome home