Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-07-2007, 05:44 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Everyone,

I found out with the way my town house is itwould be impossible and costly toget a second line put in.I don't want to own a cell phone not to mention..... when family and friends come overno can get service in our house anyways.

1 ) How many of you use your personal home phone when advertising?

2) How do you answer your phone if you use your personal line??

Thanks in advance!!

Christy
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2007, 06:04 PM
Super WAHM

I use my personal phone. I also have teenagers and they are now trained as how to answer the phone. Anyone who knows me, knows that I run a business from my home. You do not need a second line.

My voice mail is profesional, any one who doesn't know me leaves a message and those who do know why my voice mail is the way it is...
Old 07-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Awesome WAHM

I completely agree with Teresa. I have always used my home line and I have no problem with people leaving me messages either. What I suggest to my team is to go through www.privatephone.com and get one number for IBO's and one for Members it helps to keep yourself organized with your prospects in my opinion. Then as you are sorting through your prospects you can give the serious prospects your telephone number.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:17 PM
WAHM Regular

Hi Christy,
I don't use my personal line because my husband has a habit of erasing messages from the machine and not telling me about them. So I got a phone # through privatephone.com. I love it. It's free and you can also listen to your messages online. They also e-mail you to let you know that someone has left a message. It's through Net Zero, but you don't have to be a subscriber of Net Zero to get it. And of course, the message on there is professional sounding "Hi this is Irma Mendoza of AmeriplanUSA, I cannot take your call at the moment, ect."

Hope this helps

Irma
Old 07-07-2007, 06:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for everyones reply. I was going through the old messages and came across a post talking about privatephone and signed up for IBO and for members.

This will work better for me. Thanks again!!
Christy
Old 07-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Super WAHM

I use grandcentral. It's the same thing, I put it on all of my advertising and when I'm home and ready to take calls, I have it transfer to my home phone, when I'm out or busy I just click a check mark and it sends it to voicemail. Also whats great is that you can add other phone #'s for it to transfer to, so if your out or on vacation or something and you still want to recieve calls you can just tell it to transfer to another #. Also when a call comes through on that # when you answer a recording lets you know that its from grandcentral and you can press one to answer or you can screen the calls, and listen in on the message the person leaves.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Awesome WAHM

I use my regular home phone. My huband and kids are trained not to answer the phone unless the caller ID shows it is someone they know. Sometimes I answer it when it rings and sometimes I just let it go to voice mail. It all depends on what I'm doing at the time.

I prefer voice mail over an answering machine because you can't simply push a button and erase a message. You have to call in... know your access code.. and listen to messages that way.

I have a voice mail message on my home phone for business purposes. People who know me know it's my residence. People who don't know me think it's a regular business. Works great!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Super WAHM

I use my home phone sometimes.. I just recently changed all my advertising info over to my privatephone phone numbers. I have one for IBOs and one for Members. They seem to be working out great! The only time I give out my home number now is if the prospect seems to be a serious one. I Love It!! It helps me to keep things organized, and it stops my husband from having to answer the phone if its a business call (and my sister in law for that matter! Since we temporarily live with her hehe) So it works out great for me as well!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:15 AM
WAHM Regular

Verlegen, How much does it cost for grandcentral? I visited the site, but couldn't find that information.

Thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Awesome WAHM

I signed up for grand central and (so far) it's free!!

Jennifer