WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Affiliate Marketing (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/)
-   -   Keywords - Do You Use Them? (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/685481-keywords-do-you-use-them.html)

veronica.l 02-17-2013 10:16 AM

Keywords - Do You Use Them?

When you write your content, could be for your website or articles for other sites and directories do you use keywords?

Last year Google came down really hard on keyword stuffing and "slapped" a lot of the sites using it. If you use keywords has the way you use them changed since last year?

I use keywords in title, first and last sentence for a 500 word article or post.

Just curious to how others do it.

danasurvey 02-18-2013 11:57 AM

Keyword stuffing has never been a good thing. I use keywords on various sites and blogs, but I keep their usage at a minimum. I really think it's more important to focus on content.

Focus on content and sometimes you will be surprised what keywords and keyword strings you rank well for. :)

veronica.l 02-18-2013 05:48 PM

I totally agree that keyword stuffing was never a good thing. Having a keyword density of 2-4% used to work with Google but it does not anymore.

Content is the most important thing, writing for the reader and not for the search engines...

Thanks for your comment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danasurvey (Post 3083928)
Keyword stuffing has never been a good thing. I use keywords on various sites and blogs, but I keep their usage at a minimum. I really think it's more important to focus on content.

Focus on content and sometimes you will be surprised what keywords and keyword strings you rank well for. :)

geekmom 02-18-2013 08:04 PM

I write what I write. If a keyword is part of that writing then it is used. A surfer is going to find my articles because they're looking for something specific.

kpfingaz 02-20-2013 12:27 AM

I agree with everyone.

It's ok to use the keyword in the title. Other than that, do not worry about stuff like keyword density, placing keywords in certain parts of your article and other outdated techniques.

Search engines have gotten smarter so it's not fun trying to outsmart them. Just use your keywords as a guide to stay on topic when you're writing your articles and write with the reader in mind. Everything else will fall into place as far as search engines go.

veronica.l 02-20-2013 08:28 AM

Yes, agree :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpfingaz (Post 3084567)
I agree with everyone.

It's ok to use the keyword in the title. Other than that, do not worry about stuff like keyword density, placing keywords in certain parts of your article and other outdated techniques.

Search engines have gotten smarter so it's not fun trying to outsmart them. Just use your keywords as a guide to stay on topic when you're writing your articles and write with the reader in mind. Everything else will fall into place as far as search engines go.

lisadlastdegree 02-21-2013 06:33 PM

Golly gosh of course I check my keywords on every article. It only takes a few seconds to check the Google keyword tool for long tail keywords. If you don't use keywords of actual searches people are looking for then they won't find you. SEO is still important. You just can't plaster meaningless keywords into articles that makes no sense. Long tail keywords are the best - find ones a little more specific for your audience and capture those. I always make sure it is in the header, URL, first two sentences and twice in the body. If you want someone to find and read your content its the least you can do.

lindastacy 02-23-2013 09:49 AM

Whether or not it's intentional, everyone's online content contains keywords. You can type a URL into the Google Keyword Tool and find out which terms are identified for the page. Whether or not they're effective is a whole other story.

I haven't really changed how I choose keywords for my blog posts. But I never had a specific formula I used other than to put the main keyword in the title and use a couple variations in the content.

truitt661 02-23-2013 07:52 PM

When I am writing content or for other website I always use my keywords so that Google would understand what my article is about. The right way to do it is to limited the amount of time you use that keyword and your article.

I think you have a good start on how to do your keywords but make sure to never do keyword stuffing because you will not get anywhere on google

sabatek 02-23-2013 10:22 PM

Keywords

Quote:

Originally Posted by veronica.l (Post 3083527)
When you write your content, could be for your website or articles for other sites and directories do you use keywords?

Last year Google came down really hard on keyword stuffing and "slapped" a lot of the sites using it. If you use keywords has the way you use them changed since last year?

I use keywords in title, first and last sentence for a 500 word article or post.

Just curious to how others do it.

Yes I use keywords. Google needs you to use keywords to find you. So It does require some "stuffing" First I would recommend getting SEOpressor. Some key things to do is to title you post with your keyword, begin your article with your keyword in it, bold, italic and underline your keyword and yes end it with it. If you use wordpress use H2 and H3 with your keyword a least once.

Back linking you article to another article on your site is also a big plus.