WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Affiliate Marketing (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/)
-   -   Just starting out... (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/681127-just-starting-out.html)

jennchandler01 01-21-2013 08:09 AM

Just starting out...

Good morning! I am just starting out as an affiliate marketer, and would love any tips or suggestions you could give. I have started a blog, Facebook page, Twitter page, and email in which I will promote my affiliate sites. Tips on getting traffic would especially be helpful!

Thanks!

geargirl113 01-21-2013 08:36 AM

There are many great ways to get traffic. Some of these options are free while others can take some investment.

Place ads through Google Adwords
Guest posting on other blogs
Blog commenting
forum posting
SEO
article marketing

danasurvey 01-21-2013 11:52 AM

I'd recommend learning the basics about SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It has become more challenging in recent years, but it's still good to know a little bit about it.

It sounds like you are making a good start with the social media, etc.

strathdonmanor 01-22-2013 08:20 AM

Solo Ads are also a good bet.

summerskiss88 01-22-2013 11:21 AM

Lisa Irby has a good ebook and free website on the topic; read as much about making money online as you can! Then, try to automate as much as you can in order to free up more time to invest into your business. I agree with Gear and Dana...SEO is one of the easiest ways to get lots of free traffic. Another tip I have is to build your sites with a self-hosted Wordpress account--there are so many free helpful plugins on Wordpress and it just makes it much easier...that way you can focus on creating content and growing your audience.

ampris2000 01-22-2013 11:55 PM

good advice and good steps taken...

overall, make sure your content is useful to your desired base. if you have that, then the rest is easy.

i once tried to make a website under the keywords heart healthy. i was presenting the information in what actually is heart healthy but i dont think the readers liked it.
they were more so looking for the typical things that are said to be heart healthy such as yogurt, or "healthy" frozen packaged meals ,etc. None of these are heart healthy.

Looking back, i could have still had the heart healthy website but should have targeted the site to people who are interested in natural foods and natural methods,etc.

Amy Jacobs 01-23-2013 08:28 AM

whatever advertising forms you do just stay consistent :) you will great!

Ecaffiliate 01-23-2013 10:35 AM

Social Marketing with your Facebook, Twitter and Google+ is a free alternative. You just need to get some skill in creating friend's lists and finding the people that have similar interests. How to interact with these people and providing informative information. If you have a product local trade shows can be away of getting your company out as well.

jmaintain 02-05-2013 01:22 AM

I believe Educating yourself via alot of reading through this forum, or others like it. I read up and learned a ton for about 2-3 weeks. Then I picked a Niche and just Tried something!

The Best way to learn is to fail, the best way to fail is to TAKE ACTION!

ginseng mom 02-05-2013 08:48 AM

Congrats on your new beginning.... A key to being successfull is staying on top of what is new and relevant, while building your skill set. AssociatesProgram.com is packed with info. Also, the WarriorsForum is a place to network, meet people in the business while gaining a ton of knowledge.

As others have said, be consistent and work your business everyday. All the best!