WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

WAHM Forums - WAHM.com (https://www.wahm.com/forum/)
-   Affiliate Marketing (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/)
-   -   Is typing at home a good choice? Please Help! (https://www.wahm.com/forum/affiliate-marketing-260/678805-typing-home-good-choice-please-help.html)

9793290 01-05-2013 08:37 PM

Is typing at home a good choice? Please Help!

I need help, I'm trying to figure out a job to work from home, so I can support my family, and be home with my wife, and kids.

danasurvey 01-05-2013 10:26 PM

There is a lot of competition for typing/data entry type positions and they can be tough to come by. Beware of any that try and charge an up front fee.

A legit typing position might be one "egg" in your basket, but I think it would be difficult to make a full time living at just that. You'll probably want to explore other things too.

AllanJames 01-07-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9793290 (Post 3065848)
I need help, I'm trying to figure out a job to work from home, so I can support my family, and be home with my wife, and kids.

Why are you looking for a job when there are so many more profitable options available ie Affiliate marketing?

As one of my mentors said "A job will make you a living, profits will make you a fortune". How true that was!

LilBlackDress 01-07-2013 03:07 PM

Check out the "telecommuting moms" section of WAHM for the types of work from home jobs you are interested in.

soabbd 01-08-2013 08:58 AM

I don't think choosing typing job for you is a wiser decision because you have a family. Try something else with it.

NSCountryGal 01-08-2013 10:00 AM

There doesn't seem to be many legit typing jobs :(. I applied to projects on freelance for data entry and would always come to find out it was Captcha entry which is not something I really have interest in... There is some real data entry jobs out there or even transcription could be considered typing because it is typing while applying good listening skills and many other skills.

Personally like someone was suggesting about the basket of eggs, this could be one but you may need to do multiple things to make some cash online. With the few things I do off and on I have been able to pull $30-40 a month or every couple months. And this is being *lazy* If I work harder I think I can make more and reach my payouts.

~ Rosie ~ 01-10-2013 01:06 PM

Hi,

I don't think typing at home is a good option. I used to be a medical transcriptionist, and lost my job due to voice recognition software.

In fact, I am not typing this message I am dictating it! :-)

There is software that can do the job, and humans are less needed each and every day sad fact.

If you want to learn to make money online, I definitely recommend keeping at least a part-time job while you learn, so that you can earn while you learn.

Wishing you all the best.
Carol

P.S. I did absolutely no editing to this post after dictating.

candysue 01-10-2013 07:38 PM

So would you say that investing in medical transcription training these days is a bad idea?

~ Rosie ~ 01-21-2013 11:02 AM

CandySue,

It is just my opinion that the "good money" is going to the experienced transcriptionists, and most are having to do some editing of VRS produced documents.

There is definitely still a need for transcriptionists. Your local area plays a huge part in this, if you intend to get hired locally, so start with researching your local market.

Hope to help.
- Carol

Happy-Wahm82 01-24-2014 07:28 AM

I tried financial transcription and it was near-impossible. I'm quite the typist but the clips I was transcribing often had people who's native language wasn't English and often used terminology unknown to anyone outside the audience they were speaking to. More then half of it was complete gibberish.