Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:27 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by workfromhomedan View Post
They also just made some changes to the YouTube rules. Whereas you need a certain number of views or have a certain number of subscribers or something to that sort.
I believe that's just for adsense and sponsorships. From what I understand, you can still use youtube to make money like directing people to your online shop, blog, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2018, 07:34 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Do you use Pinterest? I have tons of luck with Pinterest and gets most of my traffic from there.
I have started a youtube channel but it's hard getting real subs...people will subscribe and expect you to return the favor. If you don't, then they will unsubscribe. If you subscribe, they will wait a few days then unsubscribe and hope you don't notice (so they can keep you as a subscriber). Not everybody does it, but it happens alot.

I stopped posting (need to rethink my strategy) but will be back at it but just for fun. It is very hard to get views because Youtube favors the more popular channels so those who have a high number of views, lots of subs, etc. So, even if you add the right keywords, popular channels with same keyword triumph every time.With that said, if you keep posting consistently, and grow your numbers then your videos will start popping up in the search. That's just what I've read and experienced with my videos.

Good Luck!

*Edited to include: I have another channel where I posted a few videos for fun. I forgot about it for a couple months and just checked it the other day. I am almost at 11,000 views (haven't checked since so maybe there's more) with tons of comments and some subscribers. That's just one video. Numbers in my other videos were at 400. So...maybe it's just all luck because I haven't promoted at all or posted anything new. There's just 6 videos. So...who knows how all that works. I have a fitness channel that has very few clicks. Wish that one had been the one lucky one. haha

Last edited by Dugsmom; 06-09-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:17 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Affiliate marketing

Great discussion! I will consider affiliate marketing as well but as I understand it is a must to go deeply into specific niche.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:26 AM
Registered WAHM
Array

Default Thank you for these tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. View Post
Here are my tips for Youtube:

1. Do proper keyword research ó donít go for oversaturated search terms you have no chance to rank for.

2. Create quality content that has a high average watch time and engagement rate. This improves placements in search results and the recommended feed.

- To increase watch time, besides improving general video quality, make sure the first 30 seconds of your videos capture peopleís attention (most will leave early if the first part of your video bores them; this hurts your average watch time).

- To increase engagement rate, remind people to like, comment and subscribe. The best way to do this is to mention it in the video itself, either by telling them directly or displaying a short text/popup box somewhere on the screen for a limited duration.

3. Social media promotion ó use hashtags, post in relevant groups (but don't spam), network with other creators etc.

4. If you havenít already, create a blog, embed your Youtube videos in relevant posts, and drive traffic (SEO, social and/or paid) to the blog.

5. Purchase web 2.0 backlinks and video embeds on Fiverr. Only to your Youtube videos, though ó never to your blog.

6. If want to bring serious traffic to your Youtube channel in the long-term, you need to upload consistently.

7. Remember to apply for the Youtube partner program when you reach the minimum requirements ( note that new minimum requirements were added this year).

Good luck!
Very useful tips, thank you so much!
Old 06-18-2018, 11:40 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Affilaite Marketing

First of all you will have to optimize your u tube channel. it will work for you only if there are ample of views. and most preferably you should add links in your website itself. It will work better for you.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:10 AM
Registered WAHM

Default thankx for this nice info

Hello Everyone,hope you are doing well.i am new here at this forum.your all information are very good and useful.thankx for sharing here.