Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:46 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Writing Website's Content

Hi, I needs some informtion about writing content for a website. I wants to write the content in English. English is not my first language. But overall my English is pefect. But still I am worried about that maybe I will make few mistakes while writing content in English. That thought is making me a little bit hopeless. Please tell me about my issue. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2016, 08:47 AM
WAHM Regular

Installing the 'Grammarly' plugin would be a step in the right direction. It basically detects spelling and grammatical errors as you type. Particularly helpful when entering copy straight into a CMS
Old 12-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Awesome WAHM

I wouldn't let the fact that English isn't your first language hold you back. Just write about what you believe in, and give value to your readers. Not only will they overlook any mistakes you make (as long as your ARE giving value, but they'll also perceive you as being human - which is important to your gaining their trust.

As you create your content over time your skill at writing in English will proportionately improve.

And, as an aid if you want, you can pick up a copy of "The Elements of Style" by William Strunk Jr. & E. B. White, or another reference of its type.

Good luck.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Super WAHM

Smile

About your English challenges...

I used to be an English/Linguistics professor, and I'll be happy to give you some pointers that will help your writing look dramatically better with just a little very specific attention if you like.

Last edited by writepro; 12-29-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Wordpress Geek

Default Your Language looks fine

I think you are just lacking confidence. Your English language skills look just fine. Just take care to go over your write up twice before sending it in to the client so that there is no scope of error from your end. Have confidence, make mistakes, accept them and dont do them again. Life is a learning process.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Your content has more value. But if you're worried, you may want to hire someone to proofread your articles.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:58 PM
Awesome WAHM

As we used to do in English class (lol, that was way decades ago!), get someone to review your content. Perhaps you have a friend that can read what you wrote and see if it makes sense. If something's questionable or confusing, that can come about with a peer review. Sometimes, something makes sense to you alone, but another person might not understand your message so it's a good idea to let someone read it too
Old 02-18-2017, 02:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Hire writers or someone to proofread your articles. You can also ask your friends to help you. This should put you at ease.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:27 AM
WAHM Regular

I absolutely agree with one of the other posters about Grammarly. It's an excellent tool that will catch most of your grammar mistakes! Hemingway is another good one that can catch some grammar issues, plus overall content issues, like sentences that are too long, difficult language to understand, etc.

And, just start writing. The more practice you get, the more it'll come naturally!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:06 PM
WAHM Regular

Default This may help a bit

Practice makes perfect and after 40 years writing for a living, I am far from perfect.

Spelling and grammar are still a weak spot for me, but I prefer to focus on the content and the value I am be adding than whether I am perfect in the spelling and grammar part.

Remember ANYONE can produce a perfect article, but it takes a pro to create an article that adds some value to the reader.

Focus on what you write, not so much on how it looks.

Best of luck

Bryan