Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Registered WAHM

Default What would be your concerns when apply for an affiliate program

We're justing starting our affiliate program and didn't attract so many Affiliates. I'm a newbie affiliate markter and we're in skincare industry(fierce competition ha?), I really want to do this well. Could you guys suggest what would be your concerns(besides the commission rate) when applying for an affiliate program and what kind of company or affiliate markter are you expected? P.S. Will a 5% commission rate attracts you? Thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2016, 07:43 PM
WAHM Regular

One would be the quality of the site I am sending them too. Second issue would be if the marketer is trying to get information from the traffic before paying me.

A lot of affiliate sites are not trust worthy - you send them traffic they collect email but since they didn't buy on that go around you lose because the marketer collected email and will end up keeping the commish when they sell them down the road.

Junky up-sells - I am sick of up-sells I now view people that have multiple up-sells as not honest upfront. Tell me all the costs upfront and be honest.

This is of course if care about your customers that you refer which I do but there are a lot of marketers who don't they just want the $1.

5% most likely won't work. First it will take a lot of clicks before someone buy's so therefore it has to be a good amount of commission for me to send traffic somewhere.

Hope that helps :-)
Old 04-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Thank you so much! Yes, that's really helpful! :-)

Generally, how much commission will drive you to do something?
Old 04-07-2016, 09:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Really it boils down to cost per click. So if I send 100 people to site how many will end up buying? 1 - 2?

Lets say 2 people buy and they each buy $200 worth of product. That would make $20.00 so that is about 20 cents per click which will be ok but I am more app to focus on something that pay's $1.00 plus.

Real Quality traffic is hard to get.

I might have missed it I know you said it is a skin care product. But what is the average sale?
Old 05-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Miss

First concern on my end is that the affiliate site should be legit. They should have a good reputation of paying their affiliates. And then, I look into the quality of the products they sell. I don't want to be writing and promoting about products that won't give justice to what I am trying to tell people.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:31 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelin View Post
First concern on my end is that the affiliate site should be legit. They should have a good reputation of paying their affiliates. And then, I look into the quality of the products they sell. I don't want to be writing and promoting about products that won't give justice to what I am trying to tell people.
Very well said @Xelin! I thought of that too everytime I get into affiliate programs.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:08 AM
WAHM Regular

Something that I like is special offers, things that I can offer on my blog to my readers. This is something I often find missing. I can understand that you don't want to generalize such a thing but at least let people know how they can contact you and get special codes and discounts to use exclusively on their blogs.
Just my 5...

Tags
affiliate marekting, affiliate marketer, concerns, conmmission rate, suggestions