Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 11-16-2015, 01:15 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Email marketing

Does anybody here do email marketing? I am not just talking about email newsletters, but also cold emailing. How does your typical workflow go? Do you get all of this done online itself, or do your targets request phone calls to understand the product better?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2015, 12:31 PM
WAHM Regular

I don't do cold e-mailing, only to a list of pre-established prospects and/or customers.

If you are thinking of cold-emailing and considering buying a list, you will need to be sure that you can trust the person you bought the list from, and you must offer an opt-out in your e-mail or you could be accused on spamming.

For what it's worth, as much as possible, you will want to actually talk to someone. It's a lot harder for someone to say "no" to an actual human than it is to ignore an e-mail.

Good luck!
Brent
Old 11-21-2015, 02:49 AM
California Girl!

Cool A little confused...

I've never heard of the term "cold emailing."

When you're emailing someone, it should be because you're either asking them a question and you have NO commercial link in the email or you're emailing someone because they have opt-into your list.

It seems like you may be doing direct sales. In that case there should be some kind of relationship established with whom you're emailing or else you may not get great results.

If you can be specific as to what you're selling and how you're getting the emails of the people you're trying to email it would be helpful.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:28 PM
WAHM Regular

I have not tried cold emails, but I have had great success with cold faxes. Faxed are still used, although many of them are sent and delivered electronically.

Spam rules are tight, but once you are sure you comply, results can be very good.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:33 AM
Registered WAHM

Email marketing is directly marketing a commercial message to a group of people using email. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:37 PM
WAHM Regular

I think the OP was referring to cold email marketing, not sending emails to customers or an opt in list.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Registered WAHM

I did hear on a podcast recently that they had great results with cold emailing, but you would need to personalize the first paragraph and make it look like you were addressing them directly. Include some nugget that relates to the recipient and makes it personable. The remainder of the email can be the templated stuff.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:20 AM
Registered WAHM

yes its work. email marketing is not only to send offers.. but it also helps to lead customers.. mailchimp is one of the best
Old 01-13-2016, 10:25 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogene View Post
I think the OP was referring to cold email marketing, not sending emails to customers or an opt in list.
I agree that is what the OP was asking about, but like I said in my initial reply, in order to comply with CAN-SPAM if you haven't personally gotten permission to e-mail them and don't offer an opt-out, you will be accused of spamming.

Even if you do offer an opt-out, the e-mail providers make it so easy now for a message to be flagged as spam... with the one-click unsubscribe buttons. Those get reported as spam/abuse to your e-mail service provider, and you WILL get shut down if that hovers anywhere north of .10% for a campaign or two...

Last edited by BTHodgeman; 01-13-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:12 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I've never tried it but I've received email from companies without asking for the info and I never read them. They go straight into my trashcan (and spam box). If I signed up to receive info then I WILL read it.