Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Registered WAHM

Default blogger

I wrote a custom blogging tool with php and javascript that works pretty well. Wordpress is php-based, but you're restricted to the functionality they've already written. The best option is always full customizability.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Wordpress vs Blogger

I use Wordpress (the paid version) and I find it to be quite handy, quite flexible. Like everything else, to use it properly you need to take the time to understand how it works and how to get your blog or your website to look and feel the way you would like to see it. There are tons of helpful videos and I found an ebook "Getting Started with Wordpress" during one of my Internet searches.

As soon as I am more familiar with the WAHM rules (I am a new member) I will determine how to share my website and my blogs with the WAHM forums and visitors. I use Wordpress to create my website where my blogs are hosted.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:07 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Actually you should use all three. Self hosted WordPress should be your money blog, while blogger and WordPress.com should just have content about your niche with a link back to your money blog.
You can put affiliate links in blogger but just limit it to one affiliate link and one link to your money blog. You should also do the same with hubpages and squiddoo. This is just to icrease your traffic.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:26 AM
Super WAHM

I am using blogger. I have this blogger site about exercise. I posted 2 articles 2 years ago and then left the site out. Days ago, I checked the site and I found out that my traffic went up to almost 16K. Last month, I had more than 1K unique visitors.

Because of this, I resorted to signing up in an affiliate site that's related to my niche. Also, I am going to write more articles to drive more traffic.

I have chosen blogger over wordpress as wordpress is more strict in terms of using their sites for commercial purposes.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:01 PM
WAHM Regular

I've been a blogger for a long time and been using Wordpress as my CMS platform. It works perfect for me as there are huge number of plug-ins available.

I never use Blogger as my platform so therefore I wouldn't know the difference of it to wordpress.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:06 AM
WAHM Regular

self hosted wordpress is the way to go... much more control !!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Keep in mind you are talking about 3 different options...

1. free blog at blogspot.com (Blogger)

2. free blog at wordpress.com

3. self-hosted blog at your very own domain (you are using the software available from wordpress.org and installing it on your own domain)

This is confusing to a lot of people but its so important to remember the differences.

If you want to do affiliate marketing, option 2 (free blog at wordpress.com) is out since they do NOT allow affiliate links of any kind.

Option 1 works for affiliate marketing but like so many have said before, you do not own the domain.

Option 3 is a great one for building a long-term affiliate business as its on your own domain and you can do whatever you want with it.

For web hosting companies I'd recommend either GoDaddy or HostGator since their processes for installing wordpress software is fairly easy.

If you need help with the install PM me with any questions and I'd be happy to help.

~ Gina
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
WAHM Regular

You have more peace of mind and control of your content when you have your own self-hosted blog. My blogger blogs were deleted. (lesson learned)
Old 06-07-2013, 06:24 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angienewton View Post
You would want to set up a self hosted wordpress blog. So buy a domain name (from Go Daddy), get a hosting account (from Host Gator) and then use the wordpress platform. Don't use the free wordpress.com or blogger platforms because you want to own your property. Those are free and have a lot of limitations. Just best to start out right and have a self hosted blog.
yes, you are right but if you do not pay money, could promote your website through both of them.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:56 AM
Banned

Wordpress is the best option if you want to setup a blog on your hosting and domain. Since you are looking to start a blog to make money so go for self hosted wordpress blog. This is easy to setup and manage.

Preeti

Tags
affiliate marketing, blog, wordpress