Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 AM
WAHM Regular

Default WordPress Plugins...

If you are doing affiliate marketing and using WordPress what are the top 3 plugins that you use. Plugins that you would not want to be without.

I know some of them depends on the theme you use as well but in general...

Mine are:

All in One SEO
Google Analytics
Akismet

Would love to here your top 3 plugins.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Hey,

I am taking training from one of the successful Internet Marketers and he suggested SEOpressor as a plugin to improve my blog and website SEO. He claims that Google as undergone a massive changes recently that keeps de-indexing unnatural back-linked pages. If Google finds out the back-links are not normal, they drop your page from index page. Also, Google is trying to collaborate social medial with blogs and website to evaluate natural back-links. Yeah! big evolution....This plugin is supposed to help you out with ranking....

I have not yet used it, but it sounds great.

Here is few things about this plugin:-

On-Page SEO: Real-time evaluation and recommendations to improve site content for SEO.

It's essentially as though you're having an SEO Expert right beside you and suggesting on ways to improve your site's on-page SEO.

If someone in the forum as already implemented this plugin, it would be great if you share little bit about SEOpressor.

Of course, I would share more about it when I implement the plugin.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2013, 11:42 AM
WAHM Regular

It would be interesting to hear from somebody that has actually used the SEOpressor.

Anybody using it??
Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 PM
WAHM Regular

It is true that Google de-indexing unnatural back-linked pages and yes I am using these All in One SEO, Google Analytics, Akismet because all these are popular Plug-In but I didn't try SEOpressor yet may be it would be better..
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 PM
WAHM Regular

I haven't used SEOPressor so I don't have any opinions about it.

I don't use All In One SEO either. Instead I use a premium theme that has built in SEO capabilities - I can add SEO title, description, keywords on all pages, canonical and even redirect urls. When you have a premium theme with SEO built into it you shouldn't use a plugin. Try to use as little plugins as you can.

My theme also lets me add Google Analytics to all pages so no need really for that plugin. There are several themes out there that let you reduce plugin use with built in options.

Akismet is useful. I've used that ever since I've started using Wordpress.

Ones that I find helpful are:

1. Google Author Link - Let's you set up Google Authorship on your profile (shows your picture in the search results.

2. SEO Slugs - Strips out stop words out of your url like 'a', 'the', 'and'. Stop words are words that are so common they generally don't have much SEO value. I've started to edit my own url instead of letting Wordpress automatically generate one for me. If I keep doing this I probably won't need this plugin anymore.

3. Jetpack - I use Jetpack because it has some nice features that can help you get rid of other plugins. Lightbox for images, share buttons, stats and bunch of other useful stuff. I've read recently that it slows down your site a bit among other things so I might stop using it.

I don't (try not to) use too many plugins but plugins can be a helpful way of adding a feature to your site that makes you more money.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:41 PM
WAHM Regular

I have not tried SEOpressor yet as well but I am using Google Analytics, Akismet and All in One SEO as well. These plug ins are very important and should be a requirement. lol.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 PM
WAHM Regular

I use the All-In-One-SEO Pack by Michael Torbert yes there is a lot of emphasize place of Seo and skills to do so. In response to the actual question some of the other plugins used by my site would be:
Akismet. There is some set up involved with this one. It is to help with spam and unwanted materials.
Google Analytics for WordPress in another very useful plugin, needs some setting up as well. This plugin looks after errors and gives you stats regarding your site.

Last edited by Ecaffiliate; 05-07-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: My site is not linked yet - need to work on that.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:15 PM
WAHM Regular

My top 3 of WordPress plugins is as followed.

The first plugin I add to each and every site is Better WP Security. Without it, I have no WP sites.

The second is Google Analyticator. While I don't need a plugin to add the analytics code to my site, I just love the fact that I can see a graph right from my WP dashboard which shows me immediately how the last 30 days have been for my site traffic wise. I can then log into analytics for more information if needed.

The third is Backupbuddy. I want decent backups of my sites and I want them automatically. Plus, Backupbuddy sends the file straight to my amazon s3 account, so what more would I want

Leslie
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I think Google sitemaps is a must.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:10 AM
WAHM Regular

Love the Google Author Link, makes it so much easier link your G+ account to your website.

Great addition, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpfingaz View Post
I haven't used SEOPressor so I don't have any opinions about it.

I don't use All In One SEO either. Instead I use a premium theme that has built in SEO capabilities - I can add SEO title, description, keywords on all pages, canonical and even redirect urls. When you have a premium theme with SEO built into it you shouldn't use a plugin. Try to use as little plugins as you can.

My theme also lets me add Google Analytics to all pages so no need really for that plugin. There are several themes out there that let you reduce plugin use with built in options.

Akismet is useful. I've used that ever since I've started using Wordpress.

Ones that I find helpful are:

1. Google Author Link - Let's you set up Google Authorship on your profile (shows your picture in the search results.

2. SEO Slugs - Strips out stop words out of your url like 'a', 'the', 'and'. Stop words are words that are so common they generally don't have much SEO value. I've started to edit my own url instead of letting Wordpress automatically generate one for me. If I keep doing this I probably won't need this plugin anymore.

3. Jetpack - I use Jetpack because it has some nice features that can help you get rid of other plugins. Lightbox for images, share buttons, stats and bunch of other useful stuff. I've read recently that it slows down your site a bit among other things so I might stop using it.

I don't (try not to) use too many plugins but plugins can be a helpful way of adding a feature to your site that makes you more money.

Tags
wordpress, wordpress blog, wordpress plugins