Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:39 PM
WAHM Regular

Default What blog do I use?

What blog or website do I use in order to be able to post things from my amazon account for affiliate marketing? I have Wordpress now but when I post the html code on there, it doesn't show up. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
WAHM Regular

Not exactly sure what you're trying to do but a lot of Amazon codes don't work well on Wordpress. Your best bet is to either add an Amazon aStore to your blog (you add it with a link so you don't need to code pages.) or write blog posts about items, then link them to the Amazon affiliate link for that product.

It's hard to describe without specifics.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Grand WAHM

Do you have your own domain/website/hosting? If you do, you may find they have a website builder that will support Amazon codes a bit better.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:19 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_mae89 View Post
What blog or website do I use in order to be able to post things from my amazon account for affiliate marketing? I have Wordpress now but when I post the html code on there, it doesn't show up. Thanks
If you have a wordpress.COM site you can't put affiliate ads there, they don't allow any monetization as you can read in there TOS. If you want to use wordpress, you need to download the software from wordpress.ORG and install it on your own domain name and your own hosting account.

If you rather stay free (although I don't recommend that), you could use a blogspot site.

Leslie
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you guys so much. How is godaddy, is that one a good one for affiliate marketing and html codes such as amazon? Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 07:26 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_mae89 View Post
Thank you guys so much. How is godaddy, is that one a good one for affiliate marketing and html codes such as amazon? Thanks
Godaddy is a hosting company, so that doesn't afect your html codes or affiliate marketing. As hosting company though, I personally don't like it. It can be a bit confusing. Others does seem to like it, so that's a personal opinion.

I have hosting with Hostgator myself, another good hosting company.

Leslie

Last edited by Leslie B; 03-13-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Thank you so much. I hate to bother you but ONE more question, I promise! lol. Okay, another second website I would love to do is to advertise myself so clients can find me. For example, I write articles/blogs as a freelancer. What would be good for that godaddy or host gator as well for that? Thanks so much.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:34 AM
WAHM Regular

It really doesn't matter. Godaddy and Hostgator are hosting companies, you can build whatever site you want with them: affiliate sites, business sites, ...

The only sites with restrictions are places where you build free sites, like wordpress.com
Old 03-13-2013, 07:36 PM
WAHM Regular

For hosting I have used Hostgator for years, never had a problem.
So I agree with Leslie on that one
Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Blogger or Wordpress.com FOrum

I am surprised, I thought html code should work in most blogging platforms.I use blogger and wordpress.org platform. Google provides a wonderful platform for blogging. If you already have gmail account you are good to go.

However, if you want to keep blogging with wordpress.com, may be you can learn more from their forum.