Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Default A great way to monetize your site with Amazon

I just became an amazon affiliate which I placed banner ads on my website. I also opened an astore. Amazon has such a huge market, it's kinda hard not making money with them. Check them out.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Super WAHM

Can you see e-videos on amazon? I wonder if I should look into selling my product on there?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
WAHM Regular

I'm not sure about e-videos but they do have a program for opening up your own store and not one of their affiliate stores. I like the affiliate stores because I can incorporate their products into my site. RIght now Kindle is hot so I am offering an incentive to anyone who buys a kindle at my atstore or clicks on my banner. There are a lot of possibilities, I think you can offered up to 550 products.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 PM
Grand WAHM

Amazon does have an awesome affiliate program. But the trick is still driving quality traffic to your site, blog, store, etc.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:41 AM
WAHM Regular

That's going to be true of any site but when they do get to your site, by adding something like amazon, you create multiple streams of income. You are not relying on just one thing to create income for you. So they may not buy your product they just might buy something from amazon where you can at least can get paid a commission.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:16 PM
WAHM Regular

I've always had a difficult time with amazon because so many already offer it and their site gets cookied. I've never found a way around this. Has anyone else or has it changed?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrandia View Post
...Amazon has such a huge market, it's kinda hard not making money with them...
Unfortunately I think it's actually kind of hard to make money with them. Yes it can be done, but placing banners on your site and setting up a store is barely a beginning. I would guess the most successful affiliates have review sites with copy that compels someone to buy right now. Buyers have to take action within 24 hours of clicking your link for you to get credit for the sale. Plus their commission rate isn't the greatest.

And I agree... Amazon is a huge market, but it's one that's already well-known to most people. It will require some clever marketing to get people to shop at your astore instead of Amazon.

I don't want to be too discouraging. Again... it can be done. There are people who make a good income as an Amazon affiliate. Just go in knowing what it takes.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:03 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
...so I am offering an incentive....
You may want to double check on the advisability of doing that. It's my understanding that offering incentives to buy through you is against their TOS.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
WAHM Master

I believe Linda is correct on the incentive part. I'm no longer with Amazon but I think I remember reading something about it. Best to check their terms for sure so you don't lose your affiliate status.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
I just became an amazon affiliate which I placed banner ads on my website. I also opened an astore. Amazon has such a huge market, it's kinda hard not making money with them. Check them out.
I have the feeling you're kinda new to the affiliate marketing game therefore I would not advise you start with Amazon when there are so many better offers around.

As has been stated Amazon commissions are very low - you need huge volumes to make decent money and I can't help wondering why you would want to do that when there are a ton of great offers around paying 50% or more, with some paying 100%.

I wish you well with it but why not pick the low hanging fruit first?