Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:09 AM
WAHM Regular

Arrow Just starting out...

Good morning! I am just starting out as an affiliate marketer, and would love any tips or suggestions you could give. I have started a blog, Facebook page, Twitter page, and email in which I will promote my affiliate sites. Tips on getting traffic would especially be helpful!

Thanks!

Last edited by starbirdy66; 01-21-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 08:36 AM
WAHM Fanatic

There are many great ways to get traffic. Some of these options are free while others can take some investment.

Place ads through Google Adwords
Guest posting on other blogs
Blog commenting
forum posting
SEO
article marketing
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Grand WAHM

I'd recommend learning the basics about SEO (Search Engine Optimization). It has become more challenging in recent years, but it's still good to know a little bit about it.

It sounds like you are making a good start with the social media, etc.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Registered WAHM

Solo Ads are also a good bet.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 AM
WAHM Regular

Lisa Irby has a good ebook and free website on the topic; read as much about making money online as you can! Then, try to automate as much as you can in order to free up more time to invest into your business. I agree with Gear and Dana...SEO is one of the easiest ways to get lots of free traffic. Another tip I have is to build your sites with a self-hosted Wordpress account--there are so many free helpful plugins on Wordpress and it just makes it much easier...that way you can focus on creating content and growing your audience.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:55 PM
WAHM Regular

good advice and good steps taken...

overall, make sure your content is useful to your desired base. if you have that, then the rest is easy.

i once tried to make a website under the keywords heart healthy. i was presenting the information in what actually is heart healthy but i dont think the readers liked it.
they were more so looking for the typical things that are said to be heart healthy such as yogurt, or "healthy" frozen packaged meals ,etc. None of these are heart healthy.

Looking back, i could have still had the heart healthy website but should have targeted the site to people who are interested in natural foods and natural methods,etc.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 AM
Grand WAHM

whatever advertising forms you do just stay consistent you will great!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:35 AM
WAHM Regular

Social Marketing with your Facebook, Twitter and Google+ is a free alternative. You just need to get some skill in creating friend's lists and finding the people that have similar interests. How to interact with these people and providing informative information. If you have a product local trade shows can be away of getting your company out as well.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Registered WAHM

I believe Educating yourself via alot of reading through this forum, or others like it. I read up and learned a ton for about 2-3 weeks. Then I picked a Niche and just Tried something!

The Best way to learn is to fail, the best way to fail is to TAKE ACTION!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Congrats on your new beginning.... A key to being successfull is staying on top of what is new and relevant, while building your skill set. AssociatesProgram.com is packed with info. Also, the WarriorsForum is a place to network, meet people in the business while gaining a ton of knowledge.

As others have said, be consistent and work your business everyday. All the best!

Tags
affiliate, blog, income from home, shopping, work at home