Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:56 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Remaining focus

With all of this information, I am finding it hard to remain focus. Ideally I would like to develop a routine that I would do everyday to promote my business. However, I feel so scatterbrain because of this new information that I am learning.

It's making it hard for me to find a routine that works because I find myself wanting to try some new idea that I've read about on hear or some other board. I need to learn to give something a chance to work before trying something new. I do understand that affiliate marketing is dynamic and the methods that are used to generate traffic will constantly keep changing. May be I just need to stop reading so much and just start doing.

Does anyone else feel this way? Does anyone else have a routine they use to promote their business that works for them?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 PM
Grand WAHM

I think you have to fit trying new things into your routine.

Find some things that work. Get into the routine of doing them. Set some time aside to try new things and get into the routine of trying new things.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 AM
WAHM Fanatic

Getting a routine down for affiliate marketing is often hard for me. I have a rough outline each day of what I would like to do and usually end up adding to it as I work.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 PM
WAHM Regular

Thanks for the advice. I sort of do have routine but I haven't been consistent. I think once I get my website redesign the way that I want to and a few other things done. I can really concentrate on developing my routine.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:10 AM
Super WAHM

Remaining focused is easy - only do things that make you money! Write them down and work to them.

Get them out of the way then you can be a bit unfocused - as I am here where I spend a bit of time helping others out as my way of paying a bit back to the industry that's made me wealthy.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 AM
WAHM Regular

Yup, the 80/20 rule is a good one. Focus on the couple of things that provide the biggest results. For me, that is Twitter, SEO and website networking. Once those important things are done, you can work on the other little things that you want to accomplish.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerskiss88 View Post
Yup, the 80/20 rule is a good one. Focus on the couple of things that provide the biggest results. For me, that is Twitter, SEO and website networking. Once those important things are done, you can work on the other little things that you want to accomplish.

Great advice. I was so overwhelmed in the beginning, trying every new thing I came across.

Pick a couple things that prove results and focus on them. Only move forward once you have perfected results from those sources.

If your list is already too long then narrow it down and stay away from the places that lure you into trying something new. (It was too hard for me to resist their slick internet marketing opportunity offers, I had to learn to stay away from them completely.)

Good Luck,

Windy
Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 AM
WAHM Regular

I have learned to write a list of things I need to get completed. I rewrite my list every week, taking things off I've completed and during the week I add things I would like to do. That way you stay on task. Some tasks take lots of time. You might work on it for a week and return at a later time. Examples:
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ I spend one hour a day, reviewing, engaging and making my list.

Then I write down "Project For The Week"
Things like writing an article, create an infographic or creating a header
Learning vimeo (video marketing) this will take time might revisit in a different week. I have also read not to utilize all your time on one task, get other things done as well.
I have written down to watch "appcentral.ca" on Sundays to keep a current trend with what's up.

In your list maybe include things like a 1/2 hr walk or listen to music, write five exercises that you might do in between hours to make a break (sometimes you get very involved in what you are doing). I also make note of what chore is to be done for the day as well.