Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Do you use traffic exchanges

I just recently read where another poster uses traffic exchanges. I've try them but found them to be mostly ineffective. I guess they do have their place. I have tried safelist with some success but not a whole lot. However if you are looking for free methods, than I suppose they do have their place.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Grand WAHM

I also find traffic exchanges to be ineffective. The traffic is usually super low quality.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
WAHM Regular

The only thing they are good for are the traffic exchange owners.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM
WAHM Regular

I also tried them and asked others who used them. I found them to be completely ineffective.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Here's some things to consider when it comes to traffic exchanges:

Thousands of new marketers join traffic exchanges everyday looking for ways to create income online drawn to traffic exchanges because of their low starting costs for advertising.

And it only makes since for more experienced marketers to at least get in front of this ever growing market place to build upon their brand. I am talking about instant access to some of the most impressionable minds that you will ever have access to.

Many do not have their own websites, are not building their email lists, do not understand SEO, PPC, etc. You are missing the boat in a big way by not trying to fully understand how you can effectively use this source of traffic for your business. Even from a branding stand point.

While promoting your squeeze page offers, you are getting your name out in front of thousands of new marketers that may just one day buy your high end product just because they saw your name and followed your advice in the beginning.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

I think traffic exchange is totally useless. Better go for some white hat type seo.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:03 AM
WAHM Regular

I've tried traffic exchanges before and did not have much luck... Really most people are there for the same reason, to gain points or whatever for they don't have to pay to put up their page on the exchange. So if that is most people's reasoning then it def it a complete waste of time. I have writing articles, posting comments to other blogs/sites and being active on forums have gave me the best traffic.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccole View Post

Thousands of new marketers join traffic exchanges everyday looking for ways to create income online drawn to traffic exchanges because of their low starting costs for advertising.

And it only makes since for more experienced marketers to at least get in front of this ever growing market place to build upon their brand. I am talking about instant access to some of the most impressionable minds that you will ever have access to.

Many do not have their own websites, are not building their email lists, do not understand SEO, PPC, etc. You are missing the boat in a big way by not trying to fully understand how you can effectively use this source of traffic for your business. Even from a branding stand point.

While promoting your squeeze page offers, you are getting your name out in front of thousands of new marketers that may just one day buy your high end product just because they saw your name and followed your advice in the beginning.

I agree that many who use traffic exchanges only use them because of lack of experience but for the most part, they are there to get sign up and sales and very rarely sign for anything unless it's another traffic exchange. I think the best way to use a traffic exchange is by offering a product that will get more traffic. Beyond, they are not interested in anything else.

I've used them when I was first starting out and I would surfed like exchanges at once and I never looked at any of the ads unless it was another traffic exchange to sign up too. I got wise though and I no longer use traffic exchanges unless I have a particular product that catered to generating more traffic because that's all they wanted anyway.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:14 PM
WAHM Addict

Anytime I want to test out a new offer, I always use traffic exchanges
and safelist. If I can pull in a good number of signups, then I know
it will do well using other forms of marketing.

That being said, the trick to making TE's and safelist effective, is to
NOT us a company replicated website. The very macanics of this
type of marketing is not conducive to it's audience taking time to
read your website. Once the timer reaches zero, the surfer is
moving on to the next site.

How you get around this is by creating a short and simple splash
page with a headline that will make the surfer pause long enough
to see what you have to offer. Throw in 3 or 4 bullet points of
the benefits of your offer, and those ineffective TE's and safelist
will suddenly become effective. Since SEO is unimportant when
it comes to splash pages, I make all mine in word.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccole View Post

YES!

Somebody understands traffic exchanges. Great advice here.