Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Super WAHM

Hmm...I wouldn't call typing at home an affiliate position, but maybe I'm missing something.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Registered WAHM

Hi,

Do you like to write? Can you do research? There are many people on the Internet who are looking for quality content. There are places like Elance.com or Odesk.com, Fiverr.com,Fouerr.com that would be happy if you signed up and do what they call "writing gigs". You would be writing blog posts for Internet marketers.
Go check it out. You might be surprised at what you're capable of doing.

Good luck with your venture. :-)
Geri Richmond
Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Super WAHM

I think that you are going to have a hard time finding some sort of a "job" online.

Most if not all of the "type at home jobs" out there are only after your money and then give you nothing in return. These are usually a scam.

You would be better of for the long term in looking into affiliate marketing.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I'm not saying that there aren't any legit typing jobs out here, but honestly they are few and far between because it is an outdated business need, like filing paperwork.

Back in the late 90's when I started working online, online typists were needed because companies and publishing companies were transferring books and documents to floppy disks and then later CD's. Then other data entry work started being outsourced overseas and to South America due to the low wages.

So between technology and the overseas outsourcing of typing work, if it is found, it is typically at very low rates (fast typers make about 3/hr on virtualbee) not enough to pay the bills. Although if I do see good paying leads, I usually find them on paid job lead sites, never on free sites like this one.

Transcriptionist work is still a viable option, and good Virtual Assistants are still in demand if you are brushed up on your administration and online skills, large retailers/wholesalers will sometimes hire for catalog and website editing and updating, article and ad posting jobs are out here, and social media expert work can be found. As many mentioned, affiliate and/or internet marketing skills can be put to work for others and yourself while you are finding a great job. And there are better paying phone jobs including sales and technical help that pay decent wages and do involve using typing skills, as do many Customer Service type jobs.

best wishes