Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Super WAHM

Exclamation What's a good commission % before you decide to market it?

20%? 50%? 75%? Would you market something if the product is great but the commission % is low? Would you marketing something if the product is terrible but the commission % is high?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 08:43 PM
WAHM Regular

i'd market anything as long as people are willing to buy it.

if a product is terrible based on the majority of peoples reviews, then i wouldn't sell it.
but some products are reviewed great by some people and terrible by others. i would sell that one.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:58 PM
Grand WAHM

The commission % would also depend on the percent of the profit margin. If you are making a 20% profit margin on each sale or conversion, you wouldn't want to give a comission of 30% for example.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:16 PM
WAHM Motivator
WAHM Professional

Obviously, we want to make money, so the lure of high commission rates is very appealing. But having been in business for myself for 20 years now working from home, I can tell you that thousands of $10 sales are just as effective as 100s of $100 sales. So if something will "sell" and sell well, that's what you go for.

My two cents at least!

Danita
Old 12-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Super WAHM

I had a terrible experience with Clickbank when I was making over $100 per sale on commission, but most people refunded so I owed Clickbank a lot of money as my balance was negative. It was high % commission but junk product! Never again will I just look at the commission. The product is very important for low % refund rate.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:36 AM
WAHM Regular

I think the product has to be beneficial. If most of the people that buy your product turnaround and return or cancel it, it is just not worth your time.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailo View Post
20%? 50%? 75%? Would you market something if the product is great but the commission % is low? Would you marketing something if the product is terrible but the commission % is high?
I sold a lot of stuff at 75% (with good conversions) but now only promote products and/or services when they offer 100% commissions on the front end (initial sale) and recurring income on the backend (continuity).

Even better when I can find all that and high converting, profitable, upsells on the backend
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 AM
WAHM Regular

Most internet marketers will offer 50%...I do for all my products. It's important to understand both how much the commission is and what platform are they using for payout.

Many items on Clickbank are good...but understand that Clickbank gets lots of refunds in general.

Finding a better affiliate platform to find products to promote like Nanacast for example...you'll find better products and mostly 50% commission and higher.

I personally don't promote a product unless I know it is good, or I know the creator of the product and that person has a reputation for creating good products.

Some people will promote anything...regardless if it's junk or not...I'd rather stay away from those types of people.

They are not trying to help YOU....They are only taking advantage of YOU.

If you are going to make a living Marketing Products...at least have good ethics and promote products you really think can help people.

That's my words of wisdom.

Enjoy,
Coach Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailo View Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlineInf0 View Post
I personally don't promote a product unless I know it is good, or I know the creator of the product and that person has a reputation for creating good products.

Some people will promote anything...regardless if it's junk or not...I'd rather stay away from those types of people.

If you are going to make a living Marketing Products...at least have good ethics and promote products you really think can help people.

That's my words of wisdom.

Enjoy,
Coach Burt

I couldn't agree more. I too pretty much only promote products and services for merchants whose products and services I use. The only way I can be assured of the quality is if it's something I've plunked down good money for.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:44 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJames View Post
I sold a lot of stuff at 75% (with good conversions) but now only promote products and/or services when they offer 100% commissions on the front end (initial sale) and recurring income on the backend (continuity)....
100% sounds good, but again, is 100% of $5 better than 50% of $10?

Often the 100% prices is paid directly to the affiliate which means you have to deal with refunds and possibly other issues. One of the reasons that I love affiliate marketing is because I don't have to provide customer support. Customer support is expensive and I think it's worth it to "pay" the merchant to deal with it.