Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:16 AM
Awesome WAHM

Exclamation Help with google ad words?

Does anyone know how I do this and link my blog to it from word press and get all this started. I am really confused. It's almost like I need step by step instructions. I watched a video and I also read instructions LOL IT is not registering. I'll be back on here later to see if anyone has posted anything. I just need some help.

Thank You all.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Grand WAHM

Are you asking about AdWords, where you would pay to run advertisements on Google?

or are you asking about AdSense, where you would place advertisements on your WordPress blog?

Also, do you have your own domain and host it through WordPress?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Google Adwords

My understanding is Google Adwords is "Pay Per Click" advertising. You pay them to advertise your website to others. It can be costly and would be something I would research before I spent money on it. Google Adsense is where you place ads on your website. If people purchase through these ad you get a cut.

I would keep reading the help tutorials with both of these for better understanding. I currently am a member of Wealthy Affiliate. Here I have learned to create websites, generate traffic, marketing methods like article marketing, email, pay per click and social marketing. They do offer a starter membership for free. Might be something you would be interested in. Please leave me your email address if you are.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Awesome WAHM

Arrow confused

Maybe I'm thinking something completely different. It was where you type in key words somewhere and it was to do with google. So possibly if someone is typing something in google for information they can find it?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofhope View Post
Maybe I'm thinking something completely different. It was where you type in key words somewhere and it was to do with google. So possibly if someone is typing something in google for information they can find it?

You are talking about SEO (Search Engine Optimization) where, typically you have a blog, you write post on that blog that include the phrases people use when they look for information or to buy something.

For example; a post including something like "buy flatscreen TV"

The best way to do it is to piggyback on a blogging system that already has a high ranking in the search engines. This dramatically reduces how long it take you to rank high. Without doing this it could well take 3 or more more months to become highly visible on the likes of google and get decent traffic coming in to view your offers,
Old 12-04-2012, 12:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Sounds to me like you're talking about SEO and the keyword tool which is located on ad words?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Google Keyword Tool

I think you are referring to Google Keyword tool. And that would keyword research. My advise is to Google 'how to do keyword research' and find some free courses on that!
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Registered WAHM

I just wanted to add that I had Google Ad SEnse on my web site for over a year and never saw one dollar from it. I wonder if anyone ever makes a dime off that.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmingSoutherngal View Post
I just wanted to add that I had Google Ad SEnse on my web site for over a year and never saw one dollar from it. I wonder if anyone ever makes a dime off that.
Yes, I have - but it takes a lot (1000's per month) of good targeted traffic to make any decent money from it.

I dropped Adsense completely after a while as it was cluttering up my blog and distracting people from more profitable offers on it.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I use Google Adsense and affiliate marketing on my sites and do very well with both.