Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Super WAHM

Default How to get traffic to your blog or squeeze page (lead capture page) etc. etc.

Okay, so you have your blog and/or lead capture page set up, and no one is coming to visit. That can be mighty frustrating. What to do?

You need traffic. And there are a number of ways to get traffic. Here are a few ideas:

First of all, I'm starting with "Free" traffic, though you should realize that while you may not have to pay in dollars, you'll pay with your time. Also, some of that free traffic can be outsourced eventually, you it really turns into paid traffic.

1) Article Marketing

Write high quality articles that give a piece of information about the subject of your affiliate offer (or your blog, or your squeeze page give-away) and then, at the bottom of the article, write an enticing invitation for the reader to go get that free offer.

Ezinearticles is the big shot (yes, still), but you can also submit to a lot of other directories, including goarticles, ideamarketers, and selfgrowth.com

2) Twitter

Twitter can be helpful with marketing - just realize that you need to provide information too, and not necessarily info that's been produced by you. Find some of your favorite big players, and send links to great posts they have been writing. That'll help you get a following, which you'll need if you want to get traffic.

Then write really cool blog posts yourself and invite your Twitter followers over for a visit. Stick the sign-up form on the page, and you might get subscribers.

3) Blogging

Your blog is at the core of your marketing efforts. Google loves WordPress blogs, and so if you write good content, you'll get found.

4) Facebook

Facebook is similar to Twitter, but much less tolerant of sales pitches. Tread more carefully here, and focus on providing value and luring people to your blog. Or run ads, but that will be in the paid section.

5) Create videos

Videos work very nicely for the purposes of drawing traffic. You can have some very cool videos made on fiverr or you can create them yourself on sites such as animoto or goanimate.com

6) Use your forum signature

As you can observe right here on the forum, you can use your forum signature to lure people to your website or your squeeze pages. This can be very effective. And if you want to do more, some forums offer paid options to enhance the effectiveness of the free options.

Paid Traffic

Some of the options above has paid versions. For example, to get the most from your videos, it helps if upgrade to a paid account. Then there are facebook ads, plus ideamarketers has options that allow you to bump your articles (and run ads) so they'll be front and center when people come visit that site.

In addition, there are the following:

Classified advertising

There are a number of options for Classified ads. One of them is Usfreeads.com (I would recommend to at least upgrade to a premium account. You get better results if you purchase upgrades to feature your ads...

Then, there is Craigslist of course, and Backpage.com Experiment to see which one works well for you. Be sure to read everyone's terms of service.

Pay per Click

You can buy pay per click advertising from Google and also from Facebook, and others... I'm not an expert on this, so if that's your choice, you need to read up on it elsewhere. And DO read up on it, or you'll lose your shirt.

There are more options, but these should keep you busy for a while...

Wishing you tons of traffic!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Grand WAHM

All excellent suggestions writepro. Creating your blog, site, squeeze page, etc. is just the first step. Updating content and creating backlinks may also help with SEO too.

Nice post!!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:37 PM
WAHM Addict

This is great info - thanks for posting it!
Sue
Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 AM
Banned

Excellent advice. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Registered WAHM

Default Thanks again!

Great ideas here! Some I hadn't thought of before (like article marketing). Thanks again!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:27 PM
WAHM Regular

This is a great post! Thanks for all of the info. I really enjoy article marketing, myself! I have recently begun putting energy into several of these.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Writely Applied

To create nice squeeze/landing pages I recommend using Max Foundry plugins for WordPress.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:07 AM
WAHM Regular

Thanks so much for post. This is exactly where I'm at with my blog and all of this information was extremely helpful. Thanks again.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks for the information, Nice post
Old 10-08-2012, 06:42 PM
WAHM Regular

All great info for my blog on my mini pig! Thanks for the help!

Tags
blog traffic, free traffic, get traffic, site traffic, web traffic