Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Super WAHM

Default Disadvantages of automated article submission

If you use automated article submission, your articles will never get indexed by the search engine. Since you post the same articles to multiple article sites, you are creating duplication problem. The articles are not unique so they will never get ranked on the search engine. Furthermore, using automated article submission can get your author account banned. The article directories have an automation script that can detect automated submission. When the moderator find out that you are using an automated article submission software to perform the submission, it will track down your author account and delete all the articles. He will auto delete your account and ban the IP address of your automated article submission software. If you keep on using the automated software, your IP address will get banned so that you cannot access the article directory site. Someone people may tries to switch the IP address and access the article directory sites.

Last edited by *In*2*Win*; 09-21-2011 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Please use normal capitalization and punctuation per rules
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate.reber View Post
If you use automated article submission, your articles will never get indexed by the search engine. Since you post the same articles to multiple article sites, you are creating duplication problem. The articles are not unique so they will never get ranked on the search engine. Furthermore, using automated article submission can get your author account banned. The article directories have an automation script that can detect automated submission. When the moderator find out that you are using an automated article submission software to perform the submission, it will track down your author account and delete all the articles. He will auto delete your account and ban the IP address of your automated article submission software. If you keep on using the automated software, your IP address will get banned so that you cannot access the article directory site. Someone people may tries to switch the IP address and access the article directory sites.

I do not know where you get this kind of information from, but you really need to stop posting it.

First of all, you have no clue what duplicate content is if you think that this will cause a problem. You are completely misleading people. It is easy to get the exact same article indexed on many different article directories. I've done it. At one time I had one article occupying 13 of the top 20 spots for a specific search term. You can find countless examples of this just by searching a popular article released by the Associated Press. It will be indexed at the New York Times, Boston Globe, Washington Post, and USA Today websites. All of them. The EXACT same article word for word.

Secondly, I have never seen a case where using automated article submission software has ever resulted in someone's account getting banned at an article directory, unless they were stupid and were throwing up 10 articles every 5 minutes.

Also, there is no way for a moderator to tell if your article was submitted manually or by using some software. So no worries there.

Please stop misleading people. I know that a lot of people who are brand new to affiliate marketing or any kind of internet marketing end up at this forum looking for advice and to learn. It scares me to think how many of them may read a post like this, and others you have made on here, and take it to be fact.

Last edited by MikeF0421; 06-01-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Super WAHM

I'm sorry for that , anyway thanks for informing me..
Old 06-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrod View Post
Kate.reber why are you sorry? You simply told the truth. In fact, search engines don't recommend or like them. Also, unless the auto submission software is going to rewrite your article then submit it you are just submitting duplicate content. In many cases the article directories will not even accept duplicate content, if I am not mistaking articles do have to be approve first.
Once they see that it was auto submitted to other directories they will not accept it. Kate was right, but she should have told you about the Google Panda update.

This update has forced article directories to tighten the rules, auto submission is seen as spammy and you can forget about gaining top positions in the search engine if you are using that type of software. Honestly, create unique content then find the best place to submit it, but by all means don't submit the same article more than once. You would be better off rewriting then submitting the article. Good advise Kate. The CEO Ezine Articles is Chris knight, he made a video to talk about the update, if you are into article marketing you will find it interesting.
No No No. You are wrong too.

First of all, almost ALL article directories accept "duplicate content". The only one I am aware of right now that will not is Buzzle. I'm sure there are a few others. There is no need to worry about submitting the same article to as many directories as you want. It is called syndication. In fact, Ezine Articles encourages you to submit the exact same articles that you post to your own blog.

Your website will receive NO PENALTIES for having the same article at 5 different article directories or 500 different article directories. In fact, the search engines will often index many of those same articles. Duplicate content has nothing to do with the same content on different sites. The only time search engines worry about duplicate content is if they find the same content multiple times on the SAME website. So if you post an article to your blog, then decide to be lazy a year later, change the title and repost the same article again... that would be duplicate content.

Also, the search engines have no way of knowing if you submitted all your articles by hand or by an automated tool. I could just as easily pay 50 VA's to submit my article all over the internet. It is just a lot cheaper to use a tool.

Last edited by starbirdy66; 07-27-2011 at 07:03 PM. Reason: removed previous poster's link in quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrod View Post
Kate was right, but she should have told you about the Google Panda update.

This update has forced article directories to tighten the rules, auto submission is seen as spammy and you can forget about gaining top positions in the search engine if you are using that type of software. [/url]

One other thing. The Panda Update had nothing to do with automated article submissions.

Panda had to do with scraped content and sites deemed by Google to be "content farms". Ezine articles, for example, is considered by Google to be a content farm.

Google simply seemed to put a lower value on links from article sites than they had previously. That is not to say they are bad links or that they have no value. To be honest, Google had previously put too much value on article directories and now has simply corrected that. Bloggers and marketers were taking advantage building easy backlinks through article directories.

Does that mean someone should stop submitting articles to article directories? Absolutely not. Article marketing really has two parts to it. First is for the SEO value of the backlinks that are created. These were ALWAYS low quality backlinks though. That hasn't changed. Just because Ezine has a pagerank of 6, does not mean you are getting a PR 6 backlink by submitting an article there. Your article goes on a new page with a pagerank of 0.

The second part of article marketing, and really the more important part but the one that few people seem to focus on, is the hope that by submitting your article to article directories, webmasters who are looking for content for their own site will pick up your article and publish it on their site. The article directories require webmasters to keep the article intact for this (links included). Hopefully, your article will find its way to a few high PR websites that get lots of traffic, giving you high quality backlinks to your site plus lots of traffic from people clicking over from those sites.

The idea behind article marketing (for those who do it the right way) is to submit high quality content, increasing the chance that it will get picked up by webmasters and syndicated on some high traffic sites that will bring you lots of visitors.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Super WAHM

You explained all.. Thanks for that, I accept my mistake.. I think better to close this thread, I feel so little .. Again, thanks for those information..
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
WAHM Regular

if anyone in here uses automated article submissions which software do you use for it if you dont mind me asking, always been curious?
Old 06-06-2011, 03:04 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Mike is correct. The duplicate content penalty is a myth.
You can post your content on multiple sites with no issues. It is allowed by TOS including ezine Articles.
As far as Buzzle goes, they do not allow duplicate content but who wants to post on that site anyway as they are now stripping out all the links.

I personally use an automated submission tool and enjoy top rankings for many very highly competitive keywords

@Relent...If you check the Second link in my signature it will take you to my SEO site which shares a review and discount on the software I use. Or you can PM me for details.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Super WAHM

The best option is Article Marketing Robot.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF0421 View Post
The best option is Article Marketing Robot.
Hi Mike, how many years are you working with SEO?

Well, I saw all your post and It's obvious that you're passionate in doing SEO.. I am learning from you, thanks.