Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlackDress View Post
You need to do your homework before sharing information.

eHow hasn't accepted articles from writers for over a year.

Buzzle has stripped many articles of the backlinks in them.

You have ArticleDashboard twice.

Isnare charges fees for syndication and has long wait times for approval.

Hi there, thanks for informing me.. Good to know my mistake.. Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2011, 07:50 PM
WAHM Regular

Default Be careful with submitting to multiple article sites

I've been reading this thread and I wanted to remind everyone of the "google slap" rule. If you take the same article and submit it to multiple sites Google can see them as "duplicate content" if each article submitted with at least 30% different copy.

The additional backlinks can count against your organic search score and Google can dismiss them when people are searching for your keywords.

Lisa

Last edited by cibermom; 07-07-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: remove link
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalafrance View Post
I've been reading this thread and I wanted to remind everyone of the "google slap" rule. If you take the same article and submit it to multiple sites Google can see them as "duplicate content" if each article submitted with at least 30% different copy.

The additional backlinks can count against your organic search score and Google can dismiss them when people are searching for your keywords.

Lisa

I suppose we'll see the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, etc. all slapped by Google then since 90% of their content is taken from the Associated Press.

Sorry, but I have seen no proof of what you are talking about. I still have plenty of sites with the exact same article indexed multiple times and all showing up in Google as a backlink to my site.

And where did you come up the 30% number? Please point me to the article where Google says it has to be 30% different copy.

What the Panda update targeted was the article directories themselves (content farms) and thinly created affiliate sites. The article directories rankings and authority went down, but backlinks from those sites still count. As far as the affiliate sites, Google went after sites like the ones you see where 100% of the content is scraped from Amazon.

Last edited by cibermom; 07-07-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: remove link in quoted text
Old 06-09-2011, 01:27 PM
WAHM Regular

"And where did you come up the 30% number? Please point me to the article where Google says it has to be 30% different copy."

I've been mentored by some very successful affiliate marketing gurus, Joe Hupp, Anthony Morrison to mention a few. They've all said 30%. That is why article spinners are used. They didn't quote their source, but I'm interested in your real world experience. These backlinks that you are referring to that are generated by duplicate content:

When were they posted?
Do you continue this practice?
Are there sites that you know of that are known problems, (ie: linkfarms)?
Can you tell if the duplicate content is harming your PR or do you care?

Thanks for any insight that you can offer. I'm always looking to learn

Last edited by cibermom; 07-07-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: remove link
Old 06-09-2011, 04:37 PM
Super WAHM

A couple of things.

First of all, I don't track the PR of any of my sites. It is a waste of time if you do. The only thing that matters is where your site ranks for the keywords you are targeting. I'll take a #1 ranking for a competitive keyword over a PR of 4 any day of the week. Along with that, there is no way to know what your actual PR is. The toolbar PR is a decent gauge, but it is not the official PR used by Google.

I have been submitting articles like this for the past 3 years on a regular basis, and continue to do so. I believe that spinning articles is a giant waste of time. You can just as easily get the exact same article indexed without any spinning whatsoever. I submit these articles to about 2000 article directories, which includes all the big ones that supposedly got hit by Panda. EzineArticles, GoArticles, ArticleBase, etc.

In my opinion, no backlink is gong to harm your site or your PR. That is kind of ridiculous if you really think about it. Let's say I have a site competing against your site. And let's pretend that a link from site A can hurt rankings. Well, what is to stop me from blasting as many links from that site to your site then and destroy your rankings? It would be too easy for that to be taken advantage of it were true.

The only kind of duplicate content you really need to worry about is duplicate content on your own site. In other words, posting an article more than once on the same domain. That is seen as duplicate content and can cause Google to penalize your site.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:48 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelagnote View Post
Most of the article submission site that you shared are not working anymore. Would anybody here share their list of quality article submission sites? Thanks.
Here's a list of article submission sites I use frequently:

article blast
article alley
ezine mark
ezineseeker
go articles
ezine articles
article base
ideamarketers
sooperarticles
Old 06-14-2011, 07:50 PM
WAHM Regular

If you go to Joe Hupp's site: recessionprooflife and sign up for his newsletter he gives you a free article submitter software. I love free software

Lisa LaFrance
Old 06-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered WAHM

Smile Article submission websites

Other article submission websites are
1-netymon.com
2-articleant.com
3-articlebeach.com
4-alivearticle.com
5-articlezilla.com
6-affsphere.com
7-articlecompilation.com

Regards

Last edited by cibermom; 07-07-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: remove link - please follow forum rules
Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalafrance View Post

Lisa

The duplicate content rule only applies to the same articles being published on the same domain. Most of the popular directories will not allow two authors to submit the exact same article because of this. However, it is fine to submit your unchanged article to more than one directory, especially if all you are looking for is backlinks.

Last edited by cibermom; 07-07-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: remove link in quoted text
Old 07-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Registered WAHM

Thanks sharing