Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > >

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:40 PM
WAHM Regular

Default ◄Tips on how to drive traffic to your website►

Hey, I thought I would share a bunch of tips on how to drive traffic to your website since it's the biggest problem that marketers face today.

1)Blog commenting:
You can get softwares like Comment hut or Comment Kahuna to find blogs of your niche and sort them according to what suites you and then you can always leave blog comments. This will not only drive traffic to your website but also build backlinks to your website. You could also use a software called comment sniper, this let's you know when there's a new blog post and you could be the first one to comment on it. The first comment is the one most people read so this would be really helpful.

2)Craigslist and other classified websites:
These websites get a lot of traffic especially CL, and ads are free to post which makes it even better for us to get free traffic. You can place targetted ads on CL in the section of your choice.

3)Article writing:
You could also write a few articles and build backlinks to your website, these articles also drive a decent amount of traffic to your website since they rank high in google with the keywords you targetted.

4)Social Bookmarking:
Adding social bookmarks to your website caan also bring a whole lot of traffic. If you're bookmark gets a lot of "diggs" then you will get traffic in the 1000s. There are services around which will digg your bookmark.

5)Forum Signatures:
This is a very good way of getting traffic and people don't realise the potential of this. If you leave a signature in a forum of a related niche you'll always get traffic. NOW CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE! lol :P

Edit:6)Video Marketing:
As ampris mentioned, you could download videos off youtube using a firefox add-on, make a few changes using windows movie maker or another basic video-editing software and put in your website link in the video and in the description. If you're website is in the music niche, you'll get tons of traffic as there are a lot of views for such video on video sharing websites.

7)Web 2.0:
This technique can not only help you get worthy backlinks but also a decent amount of traffic as these pages rank well in google.

I might have left out something, I'll update my post as soon as I can think of something.

All the best to you guys, hope that helped. Any questions, post below.

Last edited by supermum; 02-16-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 PM
WAHM Regular

you can also use videos just like article marketing. just post your link in the video info box back to your site.
even if you don't have a video, there are plenty of videos already made on your topic.
just embed it on your site and post info to it in a forum or article

or download the video using orbit downloader, convert it, reupload it to your own video account and you can describe the video using keywords and have a backlink to your site this way too.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Registered WAHM

Smile

Great Info!
SO many people need to know how to drive traffic to their sites! I totally agree that is the #1 issue among network marketers! Ther are so many people wanting to really succeed in this industry and unfortunately most of them get left behind with no access to the true marketing stategies that will help them get ahead! Thanks again!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampris2000 View Post
you can also use videos just like article marketing. just post your link in the video info box back to your site.
even if you don't have a video, there are plenty of videos already made on your topic.
just embed it on your site and post info to it in a forum or article

or download the video using orbit downloader, convert it, reupload it to your own video account and you can describe the video using keywords and have a backlink to your site this way too.
Ah! I knew I was missing out on something, I'll just add that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracarr View Post
Great Info!
SO many people need to know how to drive traffic to their sites! I totally agree that is the #1 issue among network marketers! Ther are so many people wanting to really succeed in this industry and unfortunately most of them get left behind with no access to the true marketing stategies that will help them get ahead! Thanks again!
I'm so glad it helped you out! Always ready to help
Old 02-16-2010, 07:56 AM
Super WAHM

Another thing I have been having some success with that I really just started about 6 weeks ago is using file sharing sites.

You can take an article you wrote and convert it to a PDF. Then post the PDF on the file sharing sites. I'm finding these are often outranking articles with ease. I'm doing very little backlinking to them to get to first page of SERP's.

I'm thinking about writing a manual to teach people how to do this and a list of sites that I use. There are some other really cool advantages.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Press Releases also work well if you have any newsworthy items and guest-blogging is another way to drive traffic to your site.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Super WAHM

That is one of the great things about the file sharing sites. You can embed as many links as you want. You are not limited like you are on Ezine Articles and other article sites. If you have a way to work in links to 5 different sites or 5 different pages on one site without it being spammy, you can do it.

I've had about 80% of the files I've submitted reach page one or page two of the SERP's in about 48-72 hours. Some have even shown up in under 3 hours. About the only backlinking I do is submitting an RSS feed for each file and some social bookmarking.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM
WAHM Regular

mike,
how does embedding the link in a pdf and putting it on a filesharing site result in a backlink ?
thanks.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:30 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF0421 View Post
Another thing I have been having some success with that I really just started about 6 weeks ago is using file sharing sites.

You can take an article you wrote and convert it to a PDF. Then post the PDF on the file sharing sites. I'm finding these are often outranking articles with ease. I'm doing very little backlinking to them to get to first page of SERP's.

I'm thinking about writing a manual to teach people how to do this and a list of sites that I use. There are some other really cool advantages.
This sounds really amazing. But i didn't get the point whre you said that you are getting backlinks, i'm assuming you're making it into a PDF and sharing it on websites through rapidshare or something, how are you getting backlinks in this manner. I would be very interested in knowing these techniques, sounds great. Do let me know more in detail about this.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Tree View Post
Press Releases also work well if you have any newsworthy items and guest-blogging is another way to drive traffic to your site.
Thanks for the tip, it would be great if you could go into details a bit and maybe explain how do we go about having a press release and how much would it cost us if it did and what websites should we have our press releases on.