View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 11:55 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLopan

Yes, I too stopped because my usual rate plummeted. When I voiced concern about it on the message boards, the managing editor sent me a long email explaining that although they think my articles are great, my pages weren't getting enough views. She said that if I wanted my rate to pick up again, I was going to have to market myself and prove to them that I could get click-throughs.

There you have it, ladies. They admit to us that it is merely an Adsense cash cow and nothing at all to do with fostering a community of writers. I left after that and never looked back. Glad I did, too. By the way, I have a clout of 7 and over 300 articles published with them, I won the referral contest twice and that is how they treated me. I say, look tobigger and better things. [img]smileys/smiley18.gif[/img]
Hi Amy,
I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the way they treated you. I agree with you. It isn't your job to advertise for AC. Your job title isn't in advertisement for them. They say the higher the clout a person has then the more you get paid. I'm not sure if I believe that one or not. I don't really notice a difference in offers despite my clout getting higher.

They have this gift certificate going on at AC during this month. I think after I get my gift certificate that I am going to leave AC unless they change somehow.

I hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you for taking a few minutes to respond earlier.

- Michelle