View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daily Transcription View Post
I would have to agree. Simple is best. I work in HR and hate routing through some resumes attempting to find information. A basic resume is best. Basic font too nothing too fancy. The header should always be your name, address, phone number, and email address.

Your topics: OBJECTIVE/MISSION, EXPERIENCE/SKILLS; WORK EXPERIENCE; EDUCATION; VOLUNTEER these in my opinion should be in all caps and bolded and in this order to set off what you are ready to discuss. it is quicker to find the information that the employer is looking for. It is not your life story. It is a summary of you.

Always refer to the employers job posting in order to get their verbage of skills and experience necessary for the job so use their words and not your own. Always include a simple over letter.

There are a lot of great websites that you can set up your first resume for free with their tutorials. Then you can just copy and paste it into your word processing program. No need to spend a lot of money to keep it updated with these people. This was helpful to me as I went back to work and did not know what kind of resume to set up.

You can change the style of the resume too in order to set yourself apart from others but remember not too fancy and it is a summary of you and your work experience.
+1 Great tips