View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by springtulip View Post
An editor flagged for that? I've been fixing third person to second person on articles I edit. Guess I'm working too hard!

When an article is flagged by an editor, it goes to the Scripted internal review team. It will eventually come back to you, but it could take a while.
I kind of have a system in my head for how much work I will fix. I kind of wish Scripted would give us more guidelines for this, but they don't, so I just made up my own.

If it's easy stuff to fix, like links or tags or grammar or spelling, then I fix it. If it's big stuff like a lot of second person (more than twenty minutes worth of correction work) or just terrible writing, then I flag it. I really don't want to spend more than 20 minutes editing an article, since I can write one in an hour. It's just not worth the money.

I don't think many editors are willing to do that much work, though. I've had stuff come back that literally had a line that needed to be cut out--and that's it. They took the time to highlight the line and make a note telling me to remove it, but they didn't just remove it themselves. It's pretty odd.