View Single Post
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2011, 02:58 AM
rashidbm rashidbm is offline
Registered WAHM
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 14

The tax law covering independent contractors is very complicated. Before you can determine how to treat payments you make for services, you must first know the businessrelationship that exists between you and the person performing the services. The person performing the services may be -

An independent contractor
A common-law employee (Employee)
A statutory employee
A statutory nonemployee