View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 AM
WAHM Addict

So it's confirmed, I tested it last night and I am wheat intolerant.The problem? I am a Philly gal! I love my breads, my pasta, my soft pretzels, my cookies, my crackers, my tortillas, my....well is there anything NOT made with wheat?So what does a girl who LOVES most anything made with wheat eat as an alternative?

Even small amounts give me a reation. Since I've need on the diet the doc gave me I haven't had any horrible sneezing fits, congestion, runny nose, bloated stomach, farting fits, have lost 4 pounds (in stark contrast to the alarming weight gain I was experiencing) and have just felt better overall. It doesn't seem to be gluten because I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast while on the diet and haven't had a reaction.

Well last night all I had was ONE pita and 2 small wheat containing granola bars and within two hours the sneezing began and I woke up this morning feeling like crap, not to mention 1.5 pounds HEAVIER (so much for 3500 calories = 1 pound)Soooo...what does one do? Can I live without wheat forever? What will I eat on my birthday?