This slightly sweet, slightly nutty salad is a perfect side dish for those warm winter meals and easy for kids to help make.
8 cups of assorted lettuces, washed and torn
1/2 gala apple, chopped, skin left on tossed in 1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese
Orange Ginger Dressing
2 Tbsp. orange juice
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/2 Tsp. sugar
1/8 Tsp. powdered ginger
Salt and pepper
- Place lettuce in large serving bowl.
- Toss apples in lemon juice and place on top of lettuce.
- Place pecans, cranberries, and cheese on top of salad and keep cold until serving time.
Orange Ginger Dressing:
- Combine the 6 last ingredients in an airtight container.
- Shake just before serving to mix.
Serve on the side in a bowl with a serving spoon or toss with salad and serve immediately.