1 deep dish frozen pastry pie shell, whole-grain if possible
2 cups of veggies, chopped fine
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1 cup shredded Colby or marble cheese
4 large eggs, whipped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Defrost pie crust and prick bottom with fork.
- Toss veggies with oregano and place in the bottom of the crust.
- Top veggies with shredded cheese.
- Whip eggs with a fork and stir in salt, pepper, and milk.
- Carefully pour egg mixture over veggies and cheese.
- Place quiche on a baking sheet and place in center of oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until egg mixture is cooked through and pie crust is lightly browned.
- Allow cooling and setting for 5-8 minutes before cutting.
Veggies used in image shown: onions, broccoli, spinach and sweet red pepper