- 8 whole grain lasagna noodles, cooked
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 oz. package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 6 oz. package fresh baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14.5 oz)
- 1 jar roasted red bell peppers, undrained (7 oz.)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add mushrooms, spinach and 3 garlic cloves.
- Sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheeses, 2 tbsp basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper.
- Place cooked noodles on flat surface; spread a few tablespoons of mixture along the length of each noodle.
- Roll into a roll placing seam side down in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the rolls, cover with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and top with grated cheese if desired.