1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. organic ground beef, chicken, OR turkey
1 onion, chopped
6 cups organic pasta sauce (jar)
5 cups cooked spaghetti squash, (patted very dry with paper towels)
2 cups cottage cheese (1%)
1 Tsp. dried basil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
2 cups shredded marble cheese (divided)
- Sauté beef and onion in olive oil until meat is no longer pink. Add 6 cups of pasta sauce to browned meat. Stir and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, pierce a spaghetti squash all over with a fork. Microwave on high heat for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Cut squash in half, remove the seeds and pulp, and scoop squash into a bowl. Let cool completely and wrap in thick layers of paper towel to dry squash thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, stir together cottage cheese, basil, eggs, and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Spray two 8" x 8" glass baking dishes.
- Spoon a layer of sauce on bottom of each pan.
- Scoop 1 to 1/2 cups of spaghetti squash on top of sauce.
- Smooth a layer of cottage cheese on top of squash.
- Add second layer of sauce, squash and cheese mixture.
- Top with final layer of sauce.
- Sprinkle casseroles with shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with double foil.
- Bake one casserole at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove the tinfoil and bake another 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10-15 minutes until casserole is cool and thickened.
- Freeze second casserole for another meal. When ready to serve, defrost until cool. Follow baking directions above.