- Non-stick spray
- Eggs, fresh
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick griddle to 250 degrees and grease surface with a bit of non-stick spray or a pat of butter. You’ll be cooking these eggs “on low and slow”.
- Spray the inside rim of medium-sized cookie cutters. (Do not use plastic cutters)
- Place cookie cutters on griddle and carefully crack an egg into each one.
- Use a large lid to cover/steam the eggs. (Since the eggs are cooking slowly on lower heat, you will want to cover them if possible)
- When eggs are ready to desired doneness, grasp cookie cutters using tongs.
- Gently release eggs using a butter knife, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve with whole grain toast and fresh fruit.
Jan Pinnington is a Nutritional Consultant and Founder of Healthy Hands Cooking. For more recipes, or to learn about their kids healthy cooking classes and instructor business opportunities, please visit www.HealthyHandsCooking.com