4 zucchinis, washed and dried
8 oz. pre-sliced fresh mushrooms
8 Roma tomatoes, sliced
1 cup marinara sauce
Salt and pepper
Grated Parmesan & Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 9 x 13 rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. (I prefer to use disposable tinfoil trays for easier clean up).
- Slice zucchini ends and discard. Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/4" thick strips (leaving skin on).
- Place first layer of zucchini in tray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Place layer of sliced mushrooms on top of zucchini and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Place second layer of zucchini on top of mushrooms and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour marina sauce over zucchini.
- Top sauce with a layer of sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle tomatoes generously with grated cheese.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 50-60 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, than drain access liquid before serving (if desired).