- 4-6 organic chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. each of Italian seasoning, salt & pepper
- 1-2 wedges of fresh lemon
- Dab of Butter
- Mix or whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl. Reserve 1/3 of the marinade.
- Place chicken breasts in a large zip lock bag and pour larger quantity of marinade on top. Close zip lock bag and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat skillet or grill to medium high heat.
- Oil the grill or lightly grease the pan surface with a bit of olive oil.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard liquid.
- Cook chicken on direct heat searing the first side and allowing to cook halfway through.
- Turn the chicken and baste with reserved marinade.
- When chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees, remove from pan and transfer to a serving platter.
- Dab a bit of butter onto each chicken piece and squeeze lemon juice over top of chicken. Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving.