1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 lb. extra lean organic ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, diced
1/2 cup baby carrots, sliced
Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes and Oregano (to taste)
1/2 can roasted garlic chopped tomatoes
6-8 cups beef broth
1 cup elbow macaroni (whole grain works great)
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale
- In a large pot, sauté first 5 ingredients until beef is no longer pink.
- If needed, drain off any excess fat.
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, pepper flakes and dried oregano.
- Stir in tomatoes and beef broth and bring pot to simmer.
- Stir in the macaroni and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add kale and stir until wilted.
- Serve hot.