1 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 to 2 tbsp. honey
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a bowl, combine warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir and let sit until the yeast starts to foam and bubble, about 5-10 minutes.
- Slowly add half of the flour, olive oil, honey, and salt. When flour is combined, add the remaining flour. Mix for 3-5 minutes, until dough is well combined.
- Once dough starts to form, dump dough onto slightly floured surface. Knead a several times to form a ball. Dough should be smooth and shiny.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover loosely with a towel, and let rise for 20 minutes while preparing other ingredients.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Roll or manually shape dough into a 8-10” inch round.
- Place on a pizza pan or pizza stone.
- Spread with desired sauce and toppings.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.