1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 small bag organic baby carrots
1 large head of cauliflower, florets
8 cups organic chicken or veggie broth
1 tsp. each dried garlic powder, basil, rosemary
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot, sauté onions, celery and carrots in olive until the carrots are fork tender about 5 minutes. (Add a bit of water or chicken stock if veggies begin to get too dry).
- Add cauliflower florets and stir for 30 seconds to coat.
- Add dried spices and chicken stock and allow mixture to simmer for 12-15 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop out 2/3 cup of cauliflower pieces and set aside (optional for added texture).
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth.
- Stir in cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add back the reserved cauliflower pieces and gently stir to combine.