12 oz. *cod fillet, wild caught, fresh or thawed
1 cup plain breadcrumbs (whole-grain if possible)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
3 eggs, whipped with fork + 1 Tbsp. water
4 Tbsp. olive oil
4 tsp. butter
Optional: lemon slices, tartar sauce, ketchup, toothpick
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Cut into 1” squares.
- Arrange 3 medium disposable bowls.
- Bowl 1: Mix breadcrumbs, salt, parsley, and Old Bay.
- Bowl 2: Flour only.
- Bowl 3: Egg whipped with fork plus water.
- Preheat small pan over medium low heat with oil and butter (in small batches - 1/4 at a time).
- Using a fork, tongs, or one hand only (keeping second hand clean), dip fish bites into flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture.
- Carefully place fish cubes in pan and turn until each side is golden brown and fish is cooked through (flakes with a fork).
- Place fish bites on paper towel to drain. Stab with tooth picks.
- Serve with cut lemon and/or tartar sauce and/or ketchup.