2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1/2 Tsp. salt
1 Tsp. each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley & dried basil
12 oz. pre-cooked shrimp, tails removed and patted dry
1/2 Tsp. creole seasoning
1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
Salt and pepper
1 Tbsp. butter
- Place mashed potatoes, salt, garlic, onion, parsley, and basil in a large bowl and mix by hand.
- Form potatoes to make 5-6 round patties.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large pan on medium heat.
- Brown potato patties on both sides until brown and crispy (turning once).
- When browned, place potato patties on a platter and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
- Using the same pan, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and the cut asparagus.
- Sauté the asparagus until tender 3-5 minutes.
- Place shrimp in clean bowl and toss with salt, pepper, and creole seasoning.
- Add shrimp to asparagus and heat through.
- When ready to serve, add butter to shrimp mixture and allow to melt.
- Scoop mixture by spoonful onto prepared potato patties (croquettes).
- Garnish with chopped tomato and leafy lettuce or parsley (if desired).