THE MOMPRENEURS® WANT TO FEATURE YOU IN OUR NEW BOOK!
We're looking for mompreneurs with web-based businesses-anything from e-commerce sites to virtual assistants to on-line teaching, publishing or personal services-to participate in our research. Won't you take a few minutes to fill out the survey below?
Since we'd like to include many of your comments in the book, please read the permission paragraph at the end of the survey, and be sure to indicate any information that you would like held confidential. (If you're uncomfortable answering certain questions, feel free to leave them blank.)
Thanks so much for your help!
Ellen H. Parlapiano and Patricia Cobe Authors, Mompreneurs: A Mother's Practical Step-by-Step Guide to Work-at-Home Success Mompreneurs(R) 820 Post Road, Suite 206 Scarsdale, NY 10583-5046
MOMPRENEURS® INTERNET SURVEY
# of kids and ages
Business web address
1) Name of Business:
2) When You Started Your Business:
3) Briefly describe your business:
4) Did the business begin as an Internet business, or evolve or expand into one from an offline business? Explain how.
5) Is your business related to previous work experience? If not, did it spring from (indicate the one that most applies): a) a hobby or passion?; b)an unfilled niche you saw in the marketplace?; c) your parenting experience?; d) a talent; e) a dream or mission you always wanted to fulfill; f) other-please explain
6) How many hours a week do you work? Do you work longer or shorter hours than you did when you worked outside the home in the "traditional" workforce?
7) Do you use childcare? If so, what type? (Indicate any or all that apply and whether it's full or part-time): a) Family members (please specify); b) Live-out, in-home caregiver/babysitter; c) family daycare (someone else's home); d) daycare center; e) School (whether nursery school or full-time elementary/middle school/high); f) Summer camp; g) Mother's Helper (after school and in summer or on weekends); h) After-School programs; ) Cooperative arrangements with Friends (please explain).
8) What is your approximate yearly income from your business: a) under $10,000; b) $10 to $20,000; c) $20,000 to $30,000; d) $30,000 to $50,000; e) $50,000 to $75,000; f) $75,000 to $100,000; g) $100,000 and over
9) Why did you decide on an Internet business?
10) What do you like best about running your Internet business?
11) What do you like least about running your Internet business?
12) What is the most important benefit of the Internet when it comes to balancing work and family? a) speed and efficiency-it's a faster way to do business b) anonymity; c) ability to control time and availability to clients/customers; d) broadens your customer/client base without leaving home; e) other (please explain)
13) What's your best trick for juggling work and family?
14) What was your biggest Internet business challenge and how have you overcome it?
15) What is your best secret for Internet success and long-term survival (from a parent's and businesswoman's point of view)?
16) What are your favorite web links/sites/resources that are essential for running your business?
17) We welcome your additional comments: Please feel free to share any other background on your business, work-from-home advice or strategies here. And if you've got any funny stories, horror stories, or inspirational stories about being a work-from-home mom with a web-based business, we want to hear them!
PERMISSION CONSENT: I give Ellen H. Parlapiano and Patricia Cobe (the Mompreneurs®) permission to publish any or all of the information I provided on this survey, except where I have indicated "confidential." Completing and returning this survey confirms my consent.
Work From Home Jobs
Want your ad here? Contact us for more information about our advertising opportunities.