Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Super WAHM

Default iWriter

Has anyone worked with iWriter? If so, any opinions? I have Googled them and it seems there are mixed reviews from their IC's. I know the pay is extremely low. I am even surprised I am thinking about writing for them. However, I do need the money for upcoming vacations and such. Just looking to get some opinions and perspective.

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2015, 01:08 PM
Awesome WAHM

I wrote several articles there but as soon as payout approached, problems began. For instance, if a client wanted an article on influenza and wanted that exact word 10 times, then it would come back as a copyright violation. I couldn't get a response from the person who owns and manages the site, so I stopped writing there. I haven't been there for a long while but something is off there IMO. Other people here may have a different experience.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Banned

It's a scam site. Any good review you see out there is a result of Brad Callen (the owner of that dump) paying someone to write it.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:35 AM
Super WAHM

Thank you both. I won't even waste my time with them then.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:58 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeleyez410 View Post
Thank you both. I won't even waste my time with them then.
It depends...I wrote for iWriter for a while and had no problem. Their clients give plenty of tips and iWriter always pays. You can pick up direct orders quickly if your writing catches a client's eye. They have Elite and now Elite Plus. Elite Plus pays more. So you can very well get $50 for writing 300 words. Of course, there is a system and you have to work your way up. You are scored by points and rejections will cause you to lose points. It's like a game really and kind of fun in a way. I don't write there as much now as I write for more private clients now, but iWriter is fine if you are willing to start from the bottom and work your way up...Good Luck
Old 04-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Super WAHM

Prosperg: the thing about the Elite level is that you have to struggle so much to get up there because of the scammers all over that site. You're right -- if you lose points you're demoted, and these scammers will reject your article and use it anyway. It's a loooong crawl back up to the top. I haven't been at iWriter in so long I don't even remember if you can appeal to the eds like you can at TB.

I'm on iWriter's Elite level (last time I checked) and they still owe me money. But right now there's only one client I'll write for and I haven't heard from him in ages.

I'll have to be mighty desperate before I go back to iWriter.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Registered WAHM

I guess I'm the only one that had a positive experience with iWriter?

Anytime I contacted support, I received responses fast. The only time I had someone try to scam me out of an article and give me a bad review, I contacted support and they deleted the ability for that person to screw up my ratings.

The pay is really low but it's easy to do and they're not really strict at all. I cashed out $20.21 with no problems, got it in about a day or so.

I've kept up my 5-star rating with only a hiccup or two and most allow revisions before rating you negatively. I'm still a standard writer but I'm almost to premium level and almost ready to cash out again.

It's great to do when you see a quick article you can complete fast!
Old 05-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Super WAHM

You are one lucky person. MsKimmy. Every writer I've "spoken" to who writes or wrote for iWriter has a horror story.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:37 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Girl View Post
Prosperg: the thing about the Elite level is that you have to struggle so much to get up there because of the scammers all over that site. You're right -- if you lose points you're demoted, and these scammers will reject your article and use it anyway. It's a loooong crawl back up to the top. I haven't been at iWriter in so long I don't even remember if you can appeal to the eds like you can at TB.

I'm on iWriter's Elite level (last time I checked) and they still owe me money. But right now there's only one client I'll write for and I haven't heard from him in ages.

I'll have to be mighty desperate before I go back to iWriter.
I think our experiences with iWriter are quite different. I haven't had any problem with scammers all over the site. It depends on how many points you have whether you are demoted or not. For example, if you have 4.890 and an Elite writer and receive a rejection, you might lose 20+ points, but you are still an Elite writer because of your star rating. I find the requesters on iWriter very generous as well. I have a special requester there that pays me roughly $60 for a 500 word article. I've NEVER had a problem with pay either...not once. The same with support. However, I understand iWriter is not for everyone. I have huge private clients now so I mostly write for special requests on iWriter.
Old 05-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Awesome WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosperg View Post
I think our experiences with iWriter are quite different. I haven't had any problem with scammers all over the site. It depends on how many points you have whether you are demoted or not. For example, if you have 4.890 and an Elite writer and receive a rejection, you might lose 20+ points, but you are still an Elite writer because of your star rating. I find the requesters on iWriter very generous as well. I have a special requester there that pays me roughly $60 for a 500 word article. I've NEVER had a problem with pay either...not once. The same with support. However, I understand iWriter is not for everyone. I have huge private clients now so I mostly write for special requests on iWriter.
I like the ability to write in word an copy and paste over, instead of the site's horrible interface.

The problem is you can't get articles through copyscape when it catches words such as arthritis, when the client wants it 10 times!

I tried it over there and couldn't get anything to go through - and it was not copied.

Like I said - as soon as a payment was close, I couldn't get anything to go through.

So something is very fishy over there.