Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Registered WAHM

Question Writing freelance on non-fiction books

I submitted an application on a job listed on WAHM, and I hope it's a legit job. The job is right up my alley--writing about health. I would get paid on summaries and analysis per book. I would read eBooks that they provide. What do you think? I do have extensive writing skills--I wrote many essays and articles in college. I have a Bachelor's degree in Health Administration, and I am a retired nurse (LPN). What do jobs like this pay?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Super WAHM

I have no idea since I've never done this before. It's seems like being in K-12 again except you get paid for it!

I've applied days ago, and haven't heard back yet. I wonder if they are looking for specific types of people.
Old 12-24-2014, 06:58 AM
WAHM Fanatic

You'll find that offers really run the gamut. Some job posters on WAHM.com offer ridiculously low rates, while others offer rates that are more reasonable. It's important to take your time into consideration; think about how long it would take you to do XYZ, then decide whether the offered pay is worth it to you before you accept any writing job.

Welcome to the board, and good luck!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Registered WAHM

Default saw the same listing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulilpn1959@yahoo.com View Post
I submitted an application on a job listed on WAHM, and I hope it's a legit job. The job is right up my alley--writing about health. I would get paid on summaries and analysis per book. I would read eBooks that they provide. What do you think? I do have extensive writing skills--I wrote many essays and articles in college. I have a Bachelor's degree in Health Administration, and I am a retired nurse (LPN). What do jobs like this pay?
I saw a listing like that at Journalism Jobs, is this the same one you applied to? And I thought it was right up my alley as well, I read alot of nonfiction... But when they asked for a resume and cover letter I became suspicious about it as a genuine freelance opportunity. Freelance writing opportunities rarely have any interest in your resume. They might ask to see a writing sample...

So I haven't applied. Please let us know if this worked out for you.

Here's the ad I saw:

JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking talented writers who like to read non-fiction books

This ad will disappear if you login