Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:26 AM
Registered WAHM

Default Anyone Write for Examiner?

And if so, do you manage to make any money? Or do you use it more as a tool to get yourself out there?

I'm wondering if it's worth my time, since I'm not one of those who can knock out an article in 20 minutes, but I DO love the niche I was accepted for, BUT it's not a high demand subject (history).

I already have my own history column that's NOT rev share (thank ye writing gods), but if this place actually pays I'd do it in a heartbeat. The little I've been able to find out on the web hasn't been too promising, but I figured I'd ask you guys. Anyone have any experience to share, or even hearsay?

They want my first article within 5 days if I accept so I can't dither.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Registered WAHM

OK then ... I'll take that as a no. Thanks anyway.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:58 PM
WAHM Regular

I write for them off and on. I've been back on since August. Last month I made $50, but that was with writing only one or two newsworthy articles a day. Some people make fulltime money there, but they write way more than I do.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to IrishChik

In order to make good money with Examiner you have to have a news related channel so your content gets promoted to Google News. Evergreen content can make money, but it takes time to build just like all the other rev share sites.

I write for Examiner. I have celebrity, television, writing, healthy foods and top news. I write evergreen on the writing and healthy foods and news related on all of them.

When I actually work it like a full time job I can easily crank out a few grand a month in earnings and I know a lot of writers who do. But, I wanted to work on my own websites so I don't write there as much as I used to. The money is still decent for me even when I write a few articles a month.

This ad will disappear if you login