Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:05 AM
Super WAHM

Default Internet Brands Writers

Sorry if we aren't supposed to discuss this here, since the company owns the site, but I just applied for a writing position there, and was wondering if anyone else saw all the openings available. I guess they are hiring like mad right now.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 AM
WAHM Regular

On the Work With Us page I saw an opening for legal writers, but nothing else. Do you know if other channels are open?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:45 AM
WAHM Fanatic

I've worked for them before & moved on when I found higher paying work.

They were extremely easy to work for and paid on time, but I think they shut down most of their sites & let most of their writers go not so very long ago.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:11 AM
WAHM Addict

I have seen them hiring again for a few channels, but honestly, it would be nice if the writers they had and liked were given a chance again.

I loved writing for IB. My editor was a dream to work with, the site we were writing for was increasing in traffic daily, and I loved the topics. I learned a ton writing for them.

Just before Christmas, orders dried up. Our editor emailed us right after the New Year saying she was done and that our new editor would be in touch. He introduced himself and then said the previous editor put too much work through and that orders would start back up once the backlog was cleared, his estimate was end of February. In mid-March, he emailed a handful of writers, myself included, saying he had a new project that he needed specific writers for and that the group of us (five email addresses in all) had been hand-picked. I was overjoyed. A few days later, he said he jumped the gun and that the management nixed the project. I never heard another word from him. Six months later, I got an email that since I hadn't claimed work in six months, they were deleting my account. If there had been work to claim, I would have.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 PM
WAHM Regular

I applied for one of their gigs a while ago, but didn't get it. Since then, whenever I try to apply for a different opening, I get the same screen saying I wasn't accepted for the first gig, and I can't get past it to apply for anything else. I even emailed the company about it, was told they had fixed the glitch, but it is still there. Incredibly frustrating, so I gave up on them.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 PM
WAHM Regular

The same thing happened to me, mitako.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:15 PM
WAHM Fanatic

I wrote for some of their shopping channels before all of the work dried up.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Super WAHM

A friend says she wrote for Dave's Garden until they bought it, then they fired everyone and started posting reprints every month in the newsletter. Dave's Garden used to pay $50 an article before it was sold. I applied for the WAHM position, then saw another one I wanted, so I tried to also apply for that. It wouldn't let me, so I wrote and asked them about it. They said that if I wasn't accepted for the WAHM job to write back and they would tell me how to apply for others, but I'm thinking it will be too late by then. That's a crazy application process, for sure.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 PM
WAHM Regular

I looked on the side and saw they had quite a few openings including a position to write articles for this page. I'm not sure I will apply after reading some of the reviews on them, so maybe another day. I'm not looking for something that is going to be ify.

This ad will disappear if you login