Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

I think the OP was very straightforward on what she was looking for and how her group works. Many people have responded with the fact that they were paid which helps to verify the job is legitimate. The OP was also very upfront with how long the wait is for the payment, if you are not willing to wait that long then obviously this gig will not work for you. If the ppw is too low for you then once again you wouldn't be interested in the opportunity.

This thread is starting to get a bit out of hand, if you have questions that have not been answered please feel free to ask the OP, but hammering on details that have been explained previously make the thread appear attacking. Please keep in mind that treating someone looking for writers this way may also keep other people with opportunities from posting in the future.
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsmith7674 View Post
Yes, it may take a bit for the payments to roll in, but I also keep everyone up to date on the money situation.... I openly post where the funds are so everyone can see the money IS there... I do not hide it or try to trick anyone into joining the group.... Like most overflow, content mills, or other groups even, you will not get rich, but it is a nice sum monthly... And wow, I had no idea there were so many negative members who just comment to get points (as I have been informed).... It just seems pointless unless you are the type who likes to cause drama.... So once again.... If you are US based and English is your 1st language.... feel free to join or not - I had 23 new members since this post, so I may be closing this soon anyway.
It's nuts how many people jump at the chance to not only work for 1 cent a word but not get paid for a month..to each his own I guess.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:01 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to hdsmith7674

Please refer to the Moderator's comments!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:26 AM
Banned

Freelance writing is a tough business, and I think that people have a right to ask a few questions before they commit themselves to a writing group. This one is obviously legit, and she was straightforward in her OP. Still, I would have consternation about a brick-and-mortar job as well if I were told I wouldn't be paid for over a month, sorry. And I don't think it's professional to refer to anyone who states those concerns as "playing with crayons" or "negative," particularly someone who phrased her commentary as nicely as babs6219 did.

I don't think anyone should put her group down, either; it wasn't like she was trying to deceive anyone in her OP. This sort of group obviously works well for some writers.

Last edited by Miss Aurora; 05-03-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to babs6219
Smile

[QUOTE=Miss Aurora;3117876]Freelance writing is a tough business, and I think that people have a right to ask a few questions before they commit themselves to a writing group. This one is obviously legit, and she was straightforward in her OP. Still, I would have consternation about a brick-and-mortar job as well if I were told I wouldn't be paid for over a month, sorry. And I don't think it's professional to refer to anyone who states those concerns as "playing with crayons" or "negative," particularly someone who phrased her commentary as nicely as babs6219 did.

Thank you Miss Aurora, I appreciate that!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:44 PM
WAHM Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones24 View Post
What is a based writer? How much will you pay?
US-based writers...in other words, writers who live in the USA.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:11 PM
WAHM Regular

Professional?! You call what’s going on in here professional?

Per the rules of WAHM…” Please act like adults. These boards are for uplifting help, advice and discussions. If you have nothing nice to say, no matter the subject, do not bother posting it here”
Welcome to WAHM! Forum Rules - Read Before Posting

And not only that, but the moderator specifically stated “This thread is starting to get a bit out of hand, if you have questions that have not been answered please feel free to ask the OP, but hammering on details that have been explained previously make the thread appear attacking.”
And not even an hour later more negativity!

I’m requesting this thread to be closed. There are clearly people wanting to increase their post count or something. I find it odd people can post their overflow work for 400 words at $4 and this carrying on does not happen in their threads.

She is the owner of the group and I don’t recall her asking for anyone’s opinion of how to run it. When you have your own group you can run it how you choose. I find this personally offensive and an attack on the integrity of her operations.

And the little call out on me, I was extremely professional but with all the back and forth sounding like children on the playground I can say anything at this point. I don’t need the work! Everything I do is because I choose to. And when I see something I don’t want to do, I just don’t do it. I don’t complain or moan about it. I thought that’s what adults do. My children act better than this.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Administrator

OP stated all positions have been filled, so I'm closing this thread

This ad will disappear if you login

Closed Thread

Tags
writer wanted, writers needed