Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:43 PM
WAHM Regular

Default oZio media

Hey,

I did read previous posts, saying problems with pay etc. I was wondering if anyone here works for them and what type of experience you had? I was just hired and am a little nervous going forward after reading some reviews.. thanks=)
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Super WAHM

I was hired a few weeks back. I decided to pass. I was hired as a specialty writer at $3/100 words. Once they sent me the information it read I needed to do 10 articles before I was paid. Lots of things in the guidelines spelled trouble for me. I have been doing this for 12 years now, so I usually research a place before jumping in. I read lots of reviews on the company online and NONE were good. It seemed not worth it to me. Those are just my thoughts and since I never even started, I could be off base.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to jenryan9278

I was considering being a VA for them and even went through some testing/etc. I decided to ask them about the negative reviews because all I could find was negative as well. I got basically a blanket response and that they would cancel my application since I had concerns... I don't know but it would be nice to hear from someone who does have experience with them...
Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 AM
WAHM Regular

Hmmm, I wish someone with experience would reply as well. I can't believe they ended your contract because you asked about the bad reviews. That's insane- I was just about to ask my project manager about those last night, but I was tired and figured I'd wait until today. I'm supposed to receive my first project today, but I'm really hesitant and don't want to waste my time if I'm not going to be paid. I did ask in my last email if invoicing each week was required and I just noticed that they answered every question, but that one. What to do?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
WAHM Regular

Exclamation

I'M WRITING THIS AS A WORD OF WARNING FOR ANYONE WHO IS CONSIDERING WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY. THE REASON WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN MANY REPLIES IS PROBABLY BECAUSE IT IS A COMPLETE SCAM! ITS A SHAME THIS COMPANY IS STILL IN BUSINESS! THERE IS ACTUALLY A FACEBOOK PAGE ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND ALL ITS SCAMS. HERE IS A QUOTE FROM ONLY TWO MONTHS AGO.

"Ozio Media (oziomedia.com) reportedly defrauds freelancers and is currently under investigation for tax fraud and labor disputes. Its articles of incorporation with the Maryland Taxation Department trace to a tanning salon located in the Baltimore projects. Liann Lee is listed as the principal owner. When I contacted Lee for comment about the operation and the allegations, she threatened me with legal action. If you have dealt with Ozio Media, I want to hear from you. And so does the Maryland Attorney General. Thanks."

STAY AWAY! SORRY FOR THE CAPITAL LETTERS, BUT I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANYONE WASTE THEIR TIME AND GET RIPPED OFF LIKE I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM
WAHM Regular

Oh wow! That's crazy! Yeah I didn't start working with them but my application was going up to the next level. I mentioned this and she said she would just take my application out of the running.. .Very sad people get into this mess...
Old 01-17-2013, 12:14 PM
WAHM Regular

It is sad, I feel terrible for those who get mixed up in this. Some people have no morals, I know I couldn't sleep at night knowing I was ripping people off. For example, one guy on the forum stated that he was a veteran and was writing for them consistently because he couldn't do much else, but when it came time for pay, they kept avoiding him. SAD! I just hope people find this forum when searching the company and trust that it is a scam.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow! I am so grateful for you guys and posting these comments. I just got "hired" today and was actually just on their website filling out the forms and reading the documents. Something gave me a feeling to do a little google research and wahm.com research on them and I am happy that I did.

I filled out the w9 and contractor form so hopefully they can't do anything with it. I did not provide my social though only name and address.

I emailed them and let them know I wanted to withdraw my application due to the fact they have bad reviews and asked them to please remove me and supporting documents from their pool.

This is their response:

Hello,

I understand that you may be concerned about the job based on negative reviews however those reviews represent less than 5% of the people that have worked for us in the past.

If there were any concerns that you may have read about the job not working out, the issues were caused by the contractor not following instructions as given or failing to read the terms of the job which are all clearly laid out in writing.

Furthermore, anyone who is satisfied with working for our company is busy working, not complaining all over the internet and that is why there appears to be a disproportionate number of negative reviews.

Email instructions are always clearly given by our project managers with each assignment and you can also expect prompt replies to your emails within 48 hours or less.

If you do not feel comfortable with proceeding with the job, that is certainly your choice to decide whether to continue or not.

Thanks for considering the position and best of luck to you.

Now get this - I sent my emil at 3:55pm EST and they sent the reply at 3:57EST. How quick huh? They must have a lot of people backing out and use this as a template.

Anyways thank God for the feeling and research. I told them I still did not want to consider the job anymore. Phew.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 PM
WAHM Regular

Wow! When I sent an email saying I wouldn't be working for them because they are a scam, they sent me that exact same email- word for word. Yuck! Just glad you found this forum before you were another victim to their evil scams.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
WAHM Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Batke_Family View Post
Wow! I am so grateful for you guys and posting these comments. I just got "hired" today and was actually just on their website filling out the forms and reading the documents. Something gave me a feeling to do a little google research and wahm.com research on them and I am happy that I did.

I filled out the w9 and contractor form so hopefully they can't do anything with it. I did not provide my social though only name and address.

I emailed them and let them know I wanted to withdraw my application due to the fact they have bad reviews and asked them to please remove me and supporting documents from their pool.

This is their response:

Hello,

I understand that you may be concerned about the job based on negative reviews however those reviews represent less than 5% of the people that have worked for us in the past.

If there were any concerns that you may have read about the job not working out, the issues were caused by the contractor not following instructions as given or failing to read the terms of the job which are all clearly laid out in writing.

Furthermore, anyone who is satisfied with working for our company is busy working, not complaining all over the internet and that is why there appears to be a disproportionate number of negative reviews.

Email instructions are always clearly given by our project managers with each assignment and you can also expect prompt replies to your emails within 48 hours or less.

If you do not feel comfortable with proceeding with the job, that is certainly your choice to decide whether to continue or not.

Thanks for considering the position and best of luck to you.

Now get this - I sent my emil at 3:55pm EST and they sent the reply at 3:57EST. How quick huh? They must have a lot of people backing out and use this as a template.

Anyways thank God for the feeling and research. I told them I still did not want to consider the job anymore. Phew.
I received the same email word for word too Sad they have to have a form letter for these replies!!

This ad will disappear if you login