Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Professions > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to deannatroupe Send a message via Skype™ to deannatroupe
Default Has anyone else experienced this at Ghostbloggers?

I submitted an article last week to ghostbloggers and it is still in que for approval. Does anyone know how long it normally takes for stuff to get approved over there? I sent an email but I have yet to get a response. This does not give me warm fuzzies about them.

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 PM
WAHM Regular

They haven't posted on their company blog since August 2011, their Twitter feed is less than active, and their requested articles section is less than active too. Can you pull your article from the editing queue and submit it to Constant-Content instead? Looks like it might sit at GB gathering tumbleweeds. Unless other WAHMs have been having any luck there in recent months?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Super WAHM

Send a message via Yahoo to deannatroupe Send a message via Skype™ to deannatroupe

I was looking for a way to delete it from the site, but I can't find one.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM
WAHM Regular

You can try emailing them directly:

support@ghostbloggers.net
Old 08-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Awesome WAHM

Yeah, you will have to email them directly. There are a few threads on here about them that you may want to do a search for.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Super WAHM

Thanks for the tip about searching the forum. I am not even gonna waste my time with that. I will just write a horrible review on my blog and warn other writers to stay away from them and move on with my life. I've got more constructive things to do with my time.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
WAHM Regular

I quite liked GhostBloggers. Other than one seasonal article, I sold everything I put up there. I just got the impression that Davy hadn't counted on how much marketing he was going to have to do in order to get enough paying clients to buy the articles. It's one thing to find freelancers to write quality articles; it's quite another to build up a stable of clients looking to purchase those articles. Davy was always more than pleasant to deal with, and bent over backwards (at least in my case) to keep writers happy. GhostBloggers could have been a great site to write for; it just needed more marketing and press to build it up as a viable option for writers and clients.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:14 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to ThatWordChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannatroupe View Post
Thanks for the tip about searching the forum. I am not even gonna waste my time with that. I will just write a horrible review on my blog and warn other writers to stay away from them and move on with my life. I've got more constructive things to do with my time.
Thank you for asking this - I've been tapping my fingers over here too and haven't heard a peep from them in a week plus. At least I can stop holding my breath now! I echo other's sentiments about ConstantContent being the place to go, if you haven't already.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 PM
WAHM Regular

For anyone that still has content up for sale on GhostBloggers, they will be shutting down as of Sept. 10th. If you haven't already done so, might be a good time to make sure you have a back up copy of all content you posted for sale on GB. I think they might have reverted all articles for sale to "draft" status, so hopefully you can delete your content from their site on your own.

This ad will disappear if you login