Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:42 AM
WAHM Regular

Default Remilon

Is any one here currently writing for this company? I'm currently in the training phase and I'm having a hard time with the guideline I was assigned to. I think its a newer one DG 2.0. It takes so much research and time to write these articles. Almost feeling a little discouraged. Really considering not continuing after completing my test article. Would love some input from any people who has experience with this company and/or guidelines.

Like Us on Facebook Pinterest
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Super WAHM

I've been writing for Remilon for almost three months. I was also very discouraged at first, because there were a lot of rules to memorize, and it was overwhelming. It gets easier, though.

I'm surprised they started you at 2.0, because that is difficult. I started at 4.0, and thought it was hard at first, then just as soon as I started to feel comfortable with it and improved my speed, they switched me to 2.0, which is a lot harder. Now I wish I were still writing for 4.0, which is downright easy in comparison.

Don't worry about the time it takes for research. They expect that, and they know new writers will take much longer to complete each article. Just do the best job you can, no matter how long it takes.

Last edited by Lumara; 05-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:16 PM
WAHM Regular

Yes I started with DG 2.0. I didn't even realize there was a significance of the numbers. I'm very new there and getting that article approved was a complete headache. I so agree with you.
There are so many guidelines, and each guideline has even more links and guidelines and rules. It was information overload. I think it's the way the guidelines are organized that made them difficult to absorb. Too many links in too many different places.

However, once I got passed the first one I wrote the other ones quicker but they haven't been rated yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Super WAHM

Send a message via AIM to Higgiemom Send a message via MSN to Higgiemom Send a message via Yahoo to Higgiemom

I've worked for Remilon for 2 years and they are a great company. They do have very strict guidelines, but the editors and other staff are always there to help you, so don't be afraid to ask a million questions - they will tell you that it's their job to answer your questions, so ask away. I have yet to work with anyone there who is not friendly and helpful. If you struggle with complex directions or you hate research then this company isn't for you. However, if you want steady work and a reliable company then it's great. I think a lot of new people get discouraged. I know I did. I simply told my editor how I was feeling and they helped me to get more comfortable. This really is a great company and I wish you luck!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgiemom View Post
I think a lot of new people get discouraged. I know I did. I simply told my editor how I was feeling and they helped me to get more comfortable.
I had the same experience. My senior editor put me at ease when I first started and told her how overwhelmed I felt. She was wonderful. I also have a guidance editor who is superb. I'm very happy with my editors and the company so far, but I sure wish I'd get a raise! I've been with them for three months now, am getting good scores, and I figure I'm about due for one.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered WAHM

Lumara, if you feel comfortable sharing...did that raise ever come? I have been there for a while and haven't had any reviews or anything like that, and I'm starting to wonder if I need to speak up. $8 an hour is kind of discouraging when I go to the drive thru and see that they are hiring from $8.25!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Super WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotster View Post
Lumara, if you feel comfortable sharing...did that raise ever come? I have been there for a while and haven't had any reviews or anything like that, and I'm starting to wonder if I need to speak up. $8 an hour is kind of discouraging when I go to the drive thru and see that they are hiring from $8.25!
No, I still haven't received a raise, and that is way overdue. I asked my senior editor a couple of months ago how long it takes before a new writer gets a raise, and she said our team hadn't yet been scheduled for a review. That sounds like there is no set policy about it, and I feel they are lollygagging to avoid a pay raise. I really like the work, but believe they should offer a raise sooner. I'd also like a review so I know how I'm doing in relation to their other writers.

At least it is more than minimum wage, and I like not having to waste gas on a commute. I'll stick with them until I either get a raise or something better comes along.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Registered WAHM

That sounds like the runaround. I have been switched between groups a few times so I thought maybe I fell through the review cycle cracks, but guess not!
The time I am spending working on their stuff is actually keeping me from looking for higher-paying gigs, which is a problem. Once I have more time to work (in the fall when everyone is back to a normal schedule) I hope to pick up some more clients and then see if this is still worth doing. Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Super WAHM

I just received a raise, so I am feeling better about them. It took around 6 months of writing for me to get it.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Super WAHM

Congrats! I'm happy for you!

This ad will disappear if you login