Go Back   WAHM Forums - WAHM.com > Work-At-Home Professions > Transcription & Writing > Writing: Freelancing

Welcome to the WAHM Forums - WAHM.com.

Welcome to WAHM Forums

Already registered? Login above 

OR

To take advantage of all the site's features, become a member of the largest community of Work-At-Home Moms.

The advertising to the left will not show if you are a registered user.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:32 AM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via MSN to razigirl Send a message via Yahoo to razigirl Send a message via Skype™ to razigirl
Default Questions about Writer's Domain

Does anyone do a lot of work for Writer's Domain? I just started with them and I have a lot of articles that need to be reviewed. I know the website said 5 to 10 days, but will they try to push articles through for payment on the 5th?

Normally when I start with a site I don't do a lot of articles until I understand how payment works, but I really like doing these articles and I just want to work on them right now. The only problem is I have some money deadlines coming up in the middle of May, so now I am stressing that I shouldn't be relying on them.

I only know of one person who worked for them and she vanished on me. Not sure if I can take her word about it..

Anyone have any insights? I would really appreciate it. You can IM me if you prefer..

Thanks for any help, advice, or whatever... lol,

Melanie/razigirl
Sponsored Links

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on WAHM!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 AM
WAHM Addict

I do and the reviews can take upwards of 7 days. It's not quick by any means.

Another issue I had recently, I was a 4 star writer, but my last article came back with a rating of 2. It was 2nd person and I uses some imperative sentences with the implied "you." The editor claimed they were fragments, when in fact they were definitely imperative sentences and there are no rules stating you have to write in 1st or 3rd person. Because my rating went from a 4 to a 2 for just one article, that's reduced the rate of pay I will get for future articles, so I'm not sure I'll bother with them anymore.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:14 PM
WAHM Addict

That's someone who is just pasting the articles into Word and looking for squiggles instead of actually editing. I do wish sites wold make a sincere effort to look for editors instead of settling for this stuff.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
WAHM Regular

Send a message via MSN to razigirl Send a message via Yahoo to razigirl Send a message via Skype™ to razigirl

Ok.. Thanks for the post about the approvals. I am just antsy because the end of the month is so near.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Registered WAHM

Default I'm curious

How much do they pay? I'm just being nosy here. Thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhh View Post
How much do they pay? I'm just being nosy here. Thanks
Not a ton. Level 1 and 2 make $3 for articles that are usually 200 to 300 words. Level 3 and higher is $3.30. The thing is it is very easy articles, usually on basic topics, such as "pet grooming," "California restaurants," "swimwear for pregnant women," that require no research. Before being demoted to Level 2 because of my sentence that "lacked a subject and therefore wasn't proper English grammar," I could do an article in 10 minutes.

Key to writing there is that you can't list brand names. Other than that the rules are usually very simple - write in whatever person you feel like (1st, 2nd, 3rd -- doesn't matter.) However, after having the editor rate me a 2 for not putting "you" before the verb, I would steer clear of 2nd person.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered WAHM

@razigirl/Melanie - We're glad that you started on WritersDomain and that you're enjoying it. We are a bit behind on the reviewing/editing process and are working to eliminate that backlog.

@anng - We've been training some new editors and some mistakes do get through. Unlike some other sites we pay based on the article, not the writer. Your star rating at the top of the WritersDomain workspace reflects the last article reviewed, not your overall rating. Hope this helps!

Nathan J
Principal, WritersDomain
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM
WAHM Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WritersDomain View Post
@razigirl/Melanie - We're glad that you started on WritersDomain and that you're enjoying it. We are a bit behind on the reviewing/editing process and are working to eliminate that backlog.

@anng - We've been training some new editors and some mistakes do get through. Unlike some other sites we pay based on the article, not the writer. Your star rating at the top of the WritersDomain workspace reflects the last article reviewed, not your overall rating. Hope this helps!

Nathan J
Principal, WritersDomain
Thanks for clarifying that. Though I suppose that leads to a suggestion that that gets changed. Seeing the rating drop from a 4 to a 2 is one of the reasons I haven't been back this week to do more work. I figured it wasn't worth the effort anymore.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered WAHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anng View Post
Thanks for clarifying that. Though I suppose that leads to a suggestion that that gets changed. Seeing the rating drop from a 4 to a 2 is one of the reasons I haven't been back this week to do more work. I figured it wasn't worth the effort anymore.
That's definitely not the case. I'll put in a request to get that changed so those stars represent the writer's average either lifetime or past 30 days. I can see how that could be confusing. Thanks!

Nathan
Old 05-07-2012, 04:30 PM
WAHM Regular

Just thought I would update this post.. The editors got all my work reviewed within a week and I got paid just like they said. I am really happy with the way everything went, I was just being antsy for nothing.

This ad will disappear if you login